+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Looks like I have my first bike in General; I'm in the process of finally getting on the road and should be doing my bike test in the next ...
    richard_s

Looks like I have my first bike

I'm in the process of finally getting on the road and should be doing my bike test in the next month or so and have been looking for my first bike for when I pass my test.

Well last night I had a look at one and subject to a test ride being done this weekend by a friend of mine who is a bike mechanic I should be the proud owner of a 2003 Honda CB600F Hornet

Thank Post
    Keep us informed on how it goes. I'm looking forward to donig my test in the spring.
    Hoping to get a Honda Xoomer :>

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,626 Times in 1,821 Posts
    Sounds like a nice beast
    My first bike was a Suzuki GT250 back in the days when they were bigger than 400s are now!

Thank Post
    i took my test about 18 months ago and bought a 2006 Kawasaki ER6-F. Perfect size for me, nice styling and a pretty good commuter bike too.

Good luck!

richard_s
    I have a limited budget and have got a great deal on the bike. 10,000 miles, and full service history for £1,000. It needs about £200 spending on it so its a great bargain. By the way the one I'm getting is white and not black like in the picture
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Looks like I have my first bike-cb600f-hornet.jpg  
    Last edited by richard_s; 28th January 2010 at 10:39 AM.

Thank Post
    Nice deal and good choice. I almost went for the same bike when I first passed but then I managed to bag myself a bargain off a friend of a friend with more money than sense. I got a 2 year old Suzuki SV650S with just 3000 miles on the clock for £2k which I just couldnt refuse!

Good luck with your test!

richard_s
    Just a little update on the bike front.

It was taken for a test run yesterday by a friend who is a mechanic and he was really impressed with it. It needs the brake pads replacing and the carbs balancing and that's about it

Going down the pub tonight to finalize the sale

Thank Post
    Going down the pub tonight to finalize the sale
    Wise move, it's probably best to have a few beers before you ride it the first time. Especially if the roads are going to be slippery.

richard_s
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    Wise move, it's probably best to have a few beers before you ride it the first time. Especially if the roads are going to be slippery.
    I can't ride it at present as I don't do my test until March. Actually my test fall on the day after my 40th birthday so no alcohol at all from the 11th - 16th which has scuppered some plans that friends were making.

Thank Post
    That's a bummer but as long as you pass. I took my test when I was 16 (1965!) on a 200cc James Captain. I drove an Isetta bubble car on my motorbike licence. I wish I still had both of them. They'd be worth a fortune.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Talking of bikes, bit cold & slippery this morning.......plus my rear brakes are a bid dodgy.....kept me alert.

Thank Post
    Good luck for your test, and ride safe

Im looking to do my test again as at the moment im on a restricted license and want to de-restrict my ZXR400.. its getting the time though! And the weather.. the back end is all over the place at the moment, makes for some interesting riding.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 785 Posts
    I love winter bike riding, it should be made compulsory for all.
    2 years riding a motorcycle before they can take their car test would stop a lot of the stupid accidents we see today on the roads, caused by car drivers inability to read the road ahead.

So many young drivers I see today do not even indicate and only rely on the car in front for action instead of reading the road ahead and being prepared.

14. Thanks to bossman from:

mattx (1st February 2010)

Thank Post
    Good luck on your bike test! I passed couple of years ago and went out and purchased an SV650S - good starter bike, and well priced!

Seeing as there are several bikers on the forum maybe we should try and organise something where we can all attend...?

richard_s
    Quote Originally Posted by MattGreaves View Post
    Seeing as there are several bikers on the forum maybe we should try and organise something where we can all attend...?
    Could be a good idea

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast