+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, What mobile? in General; Like you I am with Voda and I can upgrade my phone at the end of the month. I have ...
    richard_s
    Like you I am with Voda and I can upgrade my phone at the end of the month. I have been looking at either an iPhone or one of their 360 phones but have as of yet not made my mind up.

Thank Post
    My fiancee has got a Tocco Ultra, and it has some very annoying foibles.

There is no way to remove words from the custom dictionary, typing anything with apostrophes is all but impossible, changing the days to ring on one alarm changes all the others, randomly turns vibration on and off for no apparent reason, touchscreen is not very responsive. Just odd, annoying things really.

When she first got it, I fancied getting one, but now I've seen her using it, and the frustrations it causes, I'd never consider one!

At risk of a custard pie, iPhone all the way for me!

Thank Post
    I went for a cheap & cheerful no frills Nokia E63 on Three... £15 a month with 70 mins calltime, unlimited texts, Skype, unlimited Internet access & email and it has a qwerty keyboard. Battery life is just under a week with light use

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by stevenlong1985 View Post
    I'm liking the blackberry at you can have up to 10 email accounts attached to the phone, you can get apps and you have the blackberry messenger which is free to all blackberry users
    Avoid the Storm2 like the plague.

I'm an iPhone user so I'd recommend that. It does SOOO much!

The 360 phone is very social networking based, looks more like a toy than a professional phone.

Thank Post
    its the wrong network but i realy like my palm pre. Its so much better than my old xda steller.

Thank Post
    I've got a blackbery curve 8900
    Pay £20pm and get 600 mins, 600 txt's unlimited internet (Blackberry Bolt on) and best of all its only a 30 day contract yay!

Emailing on the blackbery is fantastic... so if you email / txt alot then look into the latest blackberrys

Thank Post
    I think before choosing a new phone, you need to take a long hard look at what you want to do with it....

As a lifetime committed techno-geek I think smartphones are really great pieces of kit, they do all sorts of clever things, but everything they can do can be done better by dedicated products..... and in general they all suffer from one major drawback for me... really poor battery life.

I use my phone to .... talk to people.... send text messages to people I cannot talk to.... and pick up my personal emails.... that's about it. It doesn't run my life, my employer makes no contribution to its upkeep so I don't use it for work.

I love the iPhone, but when you look on the iPhone support pages, they are full of bright ideas about conserving battery life by turning off functions.... so what's the point?

When I want to navigate in my car, I use my satnav which is far more sensitive than a mobile phone and I get map updates every 3 months for peanuts....

When I want to take photos, I use my digital SLR .... for videos, my HD-Camcorder....

I will confess to owning an iPod Touch... for music in our motorhome when abroad as it is easier than taking a library of CDs

I realise I may be in a small minority about my attitude to smartphones here

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Eugh, so much choice....starting to think i should try and find a basic phone...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,056 Times in 977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by broc View Post
    I think before choosing a new phone, you need to take a long hard look at what you want to do with it....

As a lifetime committed techno-geek I think smartphones are really great pieces of kit, they do all sorts of clever things, but everything they can do can be done better by dedicated products..... and in general they all suffer from one major drawback for me... really poor battery life.

I use my phone to .... talk to people.... send text messages to people I cannot talk to.... and pick up my personal emails.... that's about it. It doesn't run my life, my employer makes no contribution to its upkeep so I don't use it for work.

I love the iPhone, but when you look on the iPhone support pages, they are full of bright ideas about conserving battery life by turning off functions.... so what's the point?

When I want to navigate in my car, I use my satnav which is far more sensitive than a mobile phone and I get map updates every 3 months for peanuts....

When I want to take photos, I use my digital SLR .... for videos, my HD-Camcorder....

I will confess to owning an iPod Touch... for music in our motorhome when abroad as it is easier than taking a library of CDs

I realise I may be in a small minority about my attitude to smartphones here
    I agree about the battery life - wish they would do something about that as its a pita - short of getting one of those phone case battery pack things juice air pack or w/e its called

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Little-Miss View Post
    Eugh, so much choice....starting to think i should try and find a basic phone...
    My current phone is a Samsung E900, which I've had for years. Does the job, works perfectly.

Y'know what they say, "If it ain't broke... don't fix it", and mine won't need fixing for a while yet...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yeah i recommend the HTC HD 2 great phones!!

James.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jinnantonnix View Post
    Don't get suckered into a huge number of minutes and texts - they're only a bargain if you use them.

You could be offered eleventy bazillion minutes for £40/month, but if you only use 200 minutes, you could have got a much better deal.
    I Think thats the point to hammer home, i get 700mins at the min, and only ever use about 500/600 so unless you actually use them, save your money!!

must admit its so tempting to go OTT when in the phone phones, thats why i keep looking online, no pressure

Thank Post
    iPhone 3GS by far, just get it jailbroken and its a winner every time

Btw, I feel your pain, I had an Omnia too.........

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,225 Times in 1,643 Posts
    @Little-Miss... do you regret asking now?

As usual, everyone on edugeek has a different opinion! I think most phones will have been listed soon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    lol a little . I was just getting a bit fed up with seeing iphone everywhere so just wanted to see what the others were using out there....

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast