+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 71
General Chat Thread, McKinnon: The longest ever game of pass the parcel in General; Originally Posted by aaronjwilkinson How about....he shouldn't have "hacked" in the first place. If he isnít capable of stopping himself ...
  1. #16

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,680
    Thank Post
    516
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjwilkinson View Post
    How about....he shouldn't have "hacked" in the first place. If he isnít capable of stopping himself from doing things like this (due to his condition)...then maybe he shouldn't be left near a computer unsupervised in the first place.

    And bollox does an opinion have to have some factual evidence. An opinion is an opinion....NOTHING to do with fact...otherwise it wouldnít be an opinion in the first place...it would be a fact.

    Once again...deal with it.
    So, I think you're an alien with purple ears - that's my opinion. See what I mean about fact being grounds for forming an opinion? I don't know anything about you, so forming an opinion about you would be dumb without facts to back myself up.

    You've also shown a complete lack of understanding of the case. He was only diagnosed with Asperger's during this whole extradition nonsense. It is a difficult condition to diagnose, and medical professionals would only do so with strong evidence of it.

    And a complete lack of understanding of Asperger's also.

    Has anyone who is saying 'lock him up!' actually done any research into Asperger's? It seems like you haven't.

  2. #17

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,240
    Thank Post
    1,058
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Rep Power
    740
    He was only diagnosed with Asperger's during this whole extradition nonsense.
    How convenient for him. I'll remember that when I get done for speeding next time - ' Sorry officer, I can't help speeding as I have Asperger's and going really really fast is the thing I have rules and a ritual fascination of. Therefore it's not my fault.'
    Last edited by mattx; 16th January 2010 at 05:11 PM.

  3. Thanks to mattx from:

    bossman (18th January 2010)

  4. #18

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    224
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    So we should ship autistic criminals to the country which will give them the harshest punishments then? Riiight.
    No...We should ship that man to the country he committed the crime against so that he can pay the price for it. Itís a shame they have such a large punishment...a damn shame.

    Oh...and put the "but he's autistic" card away...you've played it enough times. He committed the crime, now he has to pay for it.

  5. #19

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,680
    Thank Post
    516
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjwilkinson View Post
    No...We should ship that man to the country he committed the crime against so that he can pay the price for it. Itís a shame they have such a large punishment...a damn shame.

    Oh...and put the "but he's autistic" card away...you've played it enough times. He committed the crime, now he has to pay for it.
    What on Earth is wrong with you? Do you think we should just ignore medical conditions then? I don't think it is possible to discuss this with either you or Mattx, you're both incapable of sensible counter arguments - instead just parroting 'he broke the law!!!' like there is some black and white concept of law and people can't have any extenuating circumstances.

    Next time either of you commit any tiny infringement, whatever the cause, do you expect to be held accountable to the full level of punishment available? Seems that's what you're pushing for here...

  6. #20

    tech_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Posts
    8,135
    Thank Post
    1,908
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    395
    McKinnon should play the other card he holds - that he's Scottish...


  7. #21

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    224
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    What on Earth is wrong with you? Do you think we should just ignore medical conditions then? I don't think it is possible to discuss this with either you or Mattx, you're both incapable of sensible counter arguments - instead just parroting 'he broke the law!!!' like there is some black and white concept of law and people can't have any extenuating circumstances.

    Next time either of you commit any tiny infringement, whatever the cause, do you expect to be held accountable to the full level of punishment available? Seems that's what you're pushing for here...
    And I think you're one of these typical do-gooders...one of those people who hold this country back from progression.

    Let me ask you this then. If he walked up to someone in the street and stabbed them though the heart...should he be let off with it? Itís an insignificant question...but Iíd love to know your answer.

    Itís typical for people like you to not respect the views of others. This is a public forum; I can have what ever opinion I want. Do you see me telling you that you're wrong???...No, I respect your thoughts, and keep my mouth shut. However, you're clearly not capable of this.

  8. #22

    tech_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Posts
    8,135
    Thank Post
    1,908
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    395
    Anyone noticed the similarity?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails McKinnon: The longest ever game of pass the parcel-mckinnon.jpg  
    Attached Images Attached Images    
    Last edited by tech_guy; 16th January 2010 at 05:31 PM.

  9. 2 Thanks to tech_guy:

    bossman (18th January 2010), mattx (16th January 2010)

  10. #23

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,240
    Thank Post
    1,058
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Rep Power
    740
    Quote Originally Posted by tech_guy View Post
    Anyone noticed the similarity?
    Are they all Scottish and have aspergers too then ?

  11. 2 Thanks to mattx:

    bossman (18th January 2010), tech_guy (16th January 2010)

  12. #24

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,680
    Thank Post
    516
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjwilkinson View Post
    And I think you're one of these typical do-gooders...one of those people who hold this country back from progression.

    Let me ask you this then. If he walked up to someone in the street and stabbed them though the heart...should he be let off with it? Itís an insignificant question...but Iíd love to know your answer.

    Itís typical for people like you to not respect the views of others. This is a public forum; I can have what ever opinion I want. Do you see me telling you that you're wrong???...No, I respect your thoughts, and keep my mouth shut. However, you're clearly not capable of this.
    Slight alteration to your comment - this is a public discussion forum. This is a discussion. As yet, you've not actually provided any arguments *for* his extradition, other than 'he broke the law'.

    How is being a do-gooder to look at someone's medical conditions, see that he broke British laws, and expect a criminal case to be brought in the UK, rather than in the USA - a country which has a one sided extradition treaty with us.

    If he walked up to a US citizen in the UK and stabbed them, I would expect him to face trial in the UK, not in the USA. If it was a British citizen, then again, he'd be tried in the UK. If he had a medical condition such as schizophrenia (which might be applicable) then I'd expect it to be taken into consideration during the trial - and the outcome would reflect that. If he had Asperger's and committed this crime, I don't think it would provide any medical reason for his behaviour - Asperger's doesn't make you a violent murderer - it can make you an obsessive person.

    How does having an expectation of a fair and just criminal justice system hold the country back from progression?

  13. #25

    mattx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    9,240
    Thank Post
    1,058
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Rep Power
    740
    Asperger's doesn't make you a violent murderer - it can make you an obsessive person.
    .....and clearly his new obsessiveness is trying to get away with the crime he's committed. I just hope if he gets his way and he gets either a trial in the UK or he gets away with it, he will then start to be obsessive in regards to getting a job and paying back the amount of money [ in an obsessive manner ] that's been wasted on this fiasco.

  14. Thanks to mattx from:

    bossman (18th January 2010)

  15. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    224
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Slight alteration to your comment - this is a public discussion forum. This is a discussion. As yet, you've not actually provided any arguments *for* his extradition, other than 'he broke the law'.

    How is being a do-gooder to look at someone's medical conditions, see that he broke British laws, and expect a criminal case to be brought in the UK, rather than in the USA - a country which has a one sided extradition treaty with us.

    If he walked up to a US citizen in the UK and stabbed them, I would expect him to face trial in the UK, not in the USA. If it was a British citizen, then again, he'd be tried in the UK. If he had a medical condition such as schizophrenia (which might be applicable) then I'd expect it to be taken into consideration during the trial - and the outcome would reflect that. If he had Asperger's and committed this crime, I don't think it would provide any medical reason for his behaviour - Asperger's doesn't make you a violent murderer - it can make you an obsessive person.

    How does having an expectation of a fair and just criminal justice system hold the country back from progression?
    Look, you've got issues. You either know someone with Asperger's (or you have it yourself) and you're being over sensitive about it, you're a member of McKinnon's family...or you're in fact McKinnon himself.

    Please realise (quickly) that i have my own OPINION on what should happen to this guy in terms of his court case. That i think because he technically comitted this crime in America (as the servers he "hacked" into were undoubtably in the US)...he should be tried there...and take the punishment.

    I think the fact that they're using this UFO story to explain his actions is stupid. Its a lame excuse in my OPINION

    I dont have to provide any arguments for anything...will you please climb down from your high horse and recpect other peoples opinions!?!?!?!

  16. #27

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,680
    Thank Post
    516
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjwilkinson View Post
    Look, you've got issues. You either know someone with Asperger's (or you have it yourself) and you're being over sensitive about it, you're a member of McKinnon's family...or you're in fact McKinnon himself.

    Please realise (quickly) that i have my own OPINION on what should happen to this guy in terms of his court case. That i think because he technically comitted this crime in America (as the servers he "hacked" into were undoubtably in the US)...he should be tried there...and take the punishment.

    I think the fact that they're using this UFO story to explain his actions is stupid. Its a lame excuse in my OPINION

    I dont have to provide any arguments for anything...will you please climb down from your high horse and recpect other peoples opinions!?!?!?!
    If you're not willing to back up your opinions, why post them on a discussion forum? A place where discussions occur?

  17. #28

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    224
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    If you're not willing to back up your opinions, why post them on a discussion forum? A place where discussions occur?
    I didnt intend on "having a discussion" about anything. I WAS JUST STATING MY OPINION!

    Could you read that?


  18. #29

    localzuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Minehead
    Posts
    17,680
    Thank Post
    516
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    24
    Rep Power
    832
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronjwilkinson View Post
    I didnt intend on "having a discussion" about anything. I WAS JUST STATING MY OPINION!

    Could you read that?

    Then you should be expected to be called on it!! That's the point of a discussion forum! And no need to be childish with giant text.

  19. #30

    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Posts
    224
    Thank Post
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Rep Power
    12
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Then you should be expected to be called on it!! That's the point of a discussion forum! And no need to be childish with giant text.
    Give it a rest will you. We have different opinions...get over it.
    Last edited by witch; 17th January 2010 at 08:12 PM. Reason: bad language

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. McKinnon to get just deserts.
    By tech_guy in forum General Chat
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 27th November 2009, 10:29 AM
  2. Gary McKinnon
    By CPLTD in forum IT News
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 12th August 2009, 02:15 PM
  3. Help me, help them - The longest donated Thread
    By NBC_Sys_C-ord in forum General Chat
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 4th February 2008, 12:56 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •