+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Astra H Central Locking in General; Okay people,a couple of days ago I noticed my boot lid's electronic release wouldn't work but I thought it was ...
    Thank Post

Astra H Central Locking

Okay people,a couple of days ago I noticed my boot lid's electronic release wouldn't work but I thought it was maybe frozen. Then yesterday I discovered my washer pump wasn't working. This all turned out to be because of the 10A mini blade fuse that had blown which is the fuse for both systems. So in my haste to replace it I rush off and find out I've left the fuse in the office at work. Never mind, I pull another one out as I think nothing could really go wrong...wait for it....wait....FAIL!!!

Yes as the title may have clued you in I've pulled out the central locking fuse. I figured let's just put it back in and away we go....nope. So now I need to know how to reset the central locking system. Any ideas? Anybody stupidly done something similar?

One guy on another site said he had the exact same problem and solved it by disconnecting the battery, leaving it 30 minutes, reconnected it and everything was sorted. BUT I'm not sure about doing this as probably quite understandably I don't wish to make things any worse...not that being unable to lock any door except the drivers door isn't bad enough.

Please help me
    Darren

Thank Post
    Put the key in the ignition, turn it to the point just before you start the car (slot 2) and then press a lock/unlock button on the key. This will reprogram your central locking.

3. Thanks to Hightower from:

DAZZD88 (13th January 2010)

Thank Post
    is that the same for a ford focus or do you know what is the correct thing to do?

Thank Post
    Hightower is correct with the reset procedure for the astra dunno for a focus

6. Thanks to CHR1S from:

Thank Post
    It didn't work. Darn it. Is that procedure for resetting the key fob or the car? With pulling the fuse out (don't worry I put it back in) I don't know whether the car itself needs doing. I think I may have to disconnect the battery and then reconnect after a bit.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    It didn't work. Darn it. Is that procedure for resetting the key fob or the car? With pulling the fuse out (don't worry I put it back in) I don't know whether the car itself needs doing. I think I may have to disconnect the battery and then reconnect after a bit.

Ah - sorry. I had to replace the battery in my fob and that's what did the trick. Not sure when you've pulled the fuse, but I have read (as I was looking a couple of weeks ago for my situation) that pulling the battery for half an hour seemed to do the trick.

9. Thanks to Hightower from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hightower View Post
    I have read (as I was looking a couple of weeks ago for my situation) that pulling the battery for half an hour seemed to do the trick.
    I would quite happily do this if I knew it wasn't going to cause any more problems than I already have. Will post back tomorrow with results.

Thank Post
    I have no useful input, but I got confused when I saw an identical thread on another forum I'm on (BCF).

12. Thanks to truslack from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by truslack View Post
    I have no useful input, but I got confused when I saw an identical thread on another forum I'm on (BCF).
    Yeah that was me (DAZZD) too. Bikes are way better than cars, they don't have central locking. Lol.

Anyway people, problem solved. Disconnecting the battery for half an hour did the trick. So thanks to all for suggestions and many thanks to Hightower for confirming the same thing I'd read.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    many thanks to Hightower for confirming the same thing I'd read.
    I hadn't tried it, just something I stumbled on weeks ago when looking for a solution to my problem. Good to know it works though in case I ever have similar troubles.

Thank Post
    Hi, had exactly the same issue, water pump stopped and couldnt open the boot, found fuse 8 had blown, used the fuse in number 7 which is a 20amp to check, boot opened and washer started, put the fuse back in and the central locking wasnt working, disconnected the battery as per above, reconneced 10 minutes later which reset the central locking. hard to under stand why they would put the boot and the washer on the same fuse. Worked for me. Adrian

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianD View Post
    Hi, had exactly the same issue, water pump stopped and couldnt open the boot, found fuse 8 had blown, used the fuse in number 7 which is a 20amp to check, boot opened and washer started, put the fuse back in and the central locking wasnt working, disconnected the battery as per above, reconneced 10 minutes later which reset the central locking. hard to under stand why they would put the boot and the washer on the same fuse. Worked for me. Adrian
    probably sue the same multiplex wiring to get into the boot itself so less wires need to go out of the cars main chassis making it simpler to assemble

Thank Post
    im pretty sure the air con, headlights and central locking are all on the same fuse, so check they still work after you pulled the fuse Astras blow the Window washer fuse for fun, just make sure you carry a few spares around and you will be fine.

Thank Post
    A quick tip: If you disconnect the battery and then touch the positive and negative cables together, this will discharge any capacitors and soft reset the ECU's of the car.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread