+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Some one hit my bike!!!!!! in General; ...
    Thank Post
    Here you go - £15 from Argos. Not exactly expensive compared to someone's life is it?!!

http://www.argos.co.uk/ProductDispla...Number=7408502
    Last edited by Number6; 7th January 2010 at 12:49 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Number6 View Post
    Here you go - £15 from Argos. Not exactly expensive compared to someone's life is it?!!
    Your link didn't work, but a windscreen protector is only £2.50 in the link I posted above...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    Your link didn't work, but a windscreen protector is only £2.50 in the link I posted above...
    But that only covers the windscreen. You need ALL the windows clear.

Link seems OK now.

Thank Post
    Where I used to live the drive was underneath the bathroom window which was great cos I used to just put the shower head through the window, put it on full belt and deice the car while I was brushing my teeth, who says men cant multitask

Thank Post
    Just been watching a woman trying to sort out her car. It's parked just outside my office window and it's obviously been there for a couple of days judging by the amount of frozen snow on the roof / bonnet / windscreen. Funnily enough the rear and side windows are mainly clear of snow but the windscreen has a good 2" layer of obviously frozen snow.

She's now spent the best part of 20 minutes and she still hasn't moved her car. It went like this:

Wander over to car and stare in horror at the snow for a minute or so.

Faf about inside car for a couple of minutes, eventually emerging with a family size de-icer aerosol and a scraper.

Start engine and switch on wipers, which don't move because they're obviously frozen to the screen. I didn't see her actually do this but it became apparent later.

Prod at snow on windscreen for about 10 seconds, then decide it's too cold / too difficult for this.

[Intermission - she's still there! ]

Spray de-icer for about ten seconds until, suddenly the wipers spring free (this is where I realized she'd already turned them on and left them to burn the motor out!).

She then sits back in car, occasionally revving engine, whilst the wiper blades get sliced to ribbons on the rock-like ice. I could hear them being sanded away through my closed office window.

Occasionally lean out of window to spray de-icer in 2-second bursts.

She's just moved off - 24 minutes in total - with wipers still going nineteen to the dozen, windscreen still half covered in ice and a 2" thick border of frozen snow outlining the wiper arcs. Her forward visibility must be shite! Two minutes with the scraper would have cleared it completely but, oh no, way too much trouble for this lady!!

Thank Post
    Unfortunately some people don't seem to think clearing snow off anywhere other than the window is worth the trouble. First of all it's going to coat the cars behind as you drive along, and secondly if you brake there's a good chance it's all going to come sliding forward onto your windscreen.

Another bit of advice: Take the time to clear snow off your car as soon as it's stopped snowing. If you wait until later there's a good chance it's going to freeze, and then it's a lot harder to move.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by fafster View Post
    Unfortunately some people don't seem to think clearing snow off anywhere other than the window is worth the trouble. First of all it's going to coat the cars behind as you drive along, and secondly if you brake there's a good chance it's all going to come sliding forward onto your windscreen.

Another bit of advice: Take the time to clear snow off your car as soon as it's stopped snowing. If you wait until later there's a good chance it's going to freeze, and then it's a lot harder to move.
    Good advice this.

I always sweep it all off with a broom before it freezes. Takes only two minutes or so and makes the next morning so much easier.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12