Poll: How tidy is your office?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
General Chat Thread, How tidy is your office? in General; Since May, we've had new kit coming in on a roughly bi-weekly basis. Most of this kit (including cabinets) has ...

Thank Post

How tidy is your office?

Since May, we've had new kit coming in on a roughly bi-weekly basis. Most of this kit (including cabinets) has been stored in the office before being set up, and we haven't had a proper tidy for ...... too long to admit on a public message board.

By the end of the week though, all the kit will be out and we can have tidying space again.

edit: phpbb <> apostrophes in polls

Thank Post

Re: How tidy is your office?

I really need to tidy my office. I was just saying to Dos_Box the other day that I couldn't even reach the whole keyboard for rubbish on my desk!

The floor is strewn with disks and IT mags plus there's miscellaneous cr@p everywhere. I have even spilled over into a teaching room after filling my cupboard!!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Just remember; a messy desk is the sign of a busy man (or woman).

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

My office looks like a tornado hit it. Twice. Not very tidy in other words

We were sort of thinking about tidying it up during this half term but something else got in the way. Like Webman, I consider a tidy office a sign of somebody with too much time on his hands

Thank Post

@Norphy: You hit the nail on the head there. I think it is worth noting that ChrisH has been assembling new cupboards in his office and putting his clobber into said cupboards in a tidy fashion!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts

My Office gets tidied once every holiday, but we tidy it at the start and by the end its a tornados path again. I was having strange noise issues today and when i dug around a bit, my lunch was sitting on the keyboard on my second PC and the PC was covered in papers and other "importaint" bits and bobs so was muting the sound. I also found a half eaten chocolate gift so its time to tidy again. As has been said though a tidy office looks like you have nothing better to do than keep it tidy. As the bursar said, I think its time you get a bigger office and we said yes but we would only fill it, which is true, but we could spread it out more so there would be less on my desk and more on shelves and in the filing cabinets. The best issue at present is I have made a path for my chair to go, it goes up to the desk and away from it no room to move around or anything its nice and snug, and I have a space that allows me to use 95% of the keyboard and about 70% of the phone so its time for a tidy when it gets to that state. Maybe the end of the week when the half term jobs are done perhaps.......

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ric_
    @Norphy: You hit the nail on the head there. I think it is worth noting that ChrisH has been assembling new cupboards in his office and putting his clobber into said cupboards in a tidy fashion!
    Chris has cupboards!!!!! OMG I am coming round to Chris's school to "borrow" his cupboards! I have got two little ones and they are full and loads of plastic drawers but thats it, and the ones I have had spares, inks, toners, cables etc in them so no room for paperwork, cds etc. Although, I do have a spare 20U wall mount cabinet which I suppose could be useable as a cupboard.....

Thank Post

@john: He's got so many cupboards that he's been throwing the old ones out... not shiny enough or something

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Ric_
    I had to buy some cupboards I nearly did myself great mischief several times this term trying to get things from under others :P

Thank Post

There is a very clear divide in our office - the woman's side, and the bloke's side...
    Well, I say that, I happen to sit on the side where all the random hardware gets dumped too, but desk-wise, mine is clutter-free... NM's - random envelopes scattered across, piles of paperwork, you name it, it's a mess.

His idea of tidying: pile it all up and leave it in a box. (no wonder Finance give me the invoices to sign off now, he's *always* losing them). My idea: sort the wheat from the chaff and recycle the rubbish.

We have shelves, but alas no cupboards (I am jealous now)

Thank Post

My office (ex ICT classroom) also serves as a workshop, storeroom and server room. We have shelves, cupboards & benches (and thankfully A/C) but it's like a scrapyard at the moment. We were thinking of having hazard warning signs pinned to the door..... maybe it would frighten off a few staff & students from entering.

We were going to have some of the scrap taken away until I found its disposal costs would have to come out of my budget. We will wait until the end of the financial year & see if we can afford to scrap it then, otherwise I will have to hide it in the cleaners cupboard again.

Thank Post

My office if im honest is a mess, but I know where everything is. Whenever people come in and comment on the state I just ignore them. I have cupboards and filing cabinets but only kinda use them on a holiday time as everything generally goes in the "too sort" tray until then. The technician uses the server room as his office which is also used as the general store room for toners etc. When our new 6th form build is completed for September 2007 we will all have new offices to move into. Plus hopefully extra technicians to move in with us.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts

Webman i fully concur with what you said about a busy persons workspace being untidy, so why is your section of deskspace far tidier than mine!.
    hehe only joking webman you should have seen your face
    I am constantly blitzing the office but it only gets filled up again with printers which have been broken by either pupils or teachers who think they know what the problem is and end up causing more grief. Also the paperwork is never ending with costings and delivery notes etc.
    I have cupboards but they fill so quickly and shelves that overflow with manuals and folders for every other duty that I have thrust upon me,
    sometimes i wonder what a job stacking shelves in B&Q would be like.

Thank Post

Office?? what's an office?????
    I have a 6' sq room - no windows, no ventilation so its bloody roasting

So my little "cupboard" looks like N. Korea have tested a Nuclear weapon there.!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bossman
    Webman i fully concur with what you said about a busy persons workspace being untidy, so why is your section of deskspace far tidier than mine!.
    Yes, I voted for "_My_ side of the office is tidy"

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast