+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, EduTech Car Shafted! Literally! in General; So Simon is a lucky and successful flirt in that case....
    TheLibrarian
    So Simon is a lucky and successful flirt in that case.

2. Thanks to TheLibrarian from:

CPLTD (16th December 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 729 Posts
    Back on topic this should sort the car out.

Thank Post
    That's the metallic, won't cut deep enough. Regular T-Cut should sort it

Glad you're okay. Shame on the car, I love my 306 and it's a hoot to drive, despite being very old and being a 1.9 non-turbo diesel!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ric_ View Post
    Glad you're OK James... look on the bright side... you can get a better car now
    Lol that's exactly what i said to him last night. I'll help you look for another car if you like.

Thank Post
    I had something similar earlier this year. Driving home from the now wife's house over a notorious road near us both (only notorious for idiots driving to be fair, you drive well it's fine) but this went to overtake me at speed in the wet on a bend .. being such a stupid they didn't pull out far enough and technically pitted me (shoved my back drivers side) which sent me into a spin and I end up backwards in a tree at around 50mph .. car totalled ..

The didn't stop so the police duly turned up at the scene, breathalysed me and (I find out a week later) mark it as a RTA - damage only .. not a fecking hit and run .. I filed a complaint but have I heard anything back, have I .. that was back in June ..

Eventually the insurance settled up after offering £1500 less than they eventually paid out (take it from me, do your research if they're writing it off .. make sure you find all the info you can and e-mail it through to them on like for like cars - it's worth it!) ..

Meanwhile, I'm still left with a twingey back every now and then and it's 6 months on .. but I have a rather nice convertible now instead .. lol ..

Feel your pain though mate .. it's like that on the road that make our insurance premiums so high in the first place .. and the sad thing is they will of known exactly what they were doing as it would of been a dare to prove who has the smaller .... that's if you are able to measure who's is smaller as if you ask me, people who drive like that ARE compensating! lol ..

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CAM View Post
    How can they refuse to cover you if it wasn't your fault though?
    I suspect the problem will be proving that it wasn't his fault - the insurance company will take a default permission that it was his fault.

I'm guessing there might be evidence on the road that another driver was involved but it may not be enough to prove that they caused it. Given that, and given that there is no knowledge of the other drivers, the insurance company will just say "must have been your fault; tough"

I hate insurance companies; I've had very few claims over the years but it's always hard work dealing with them and I always feel I'm being ripped off every time I renew.

Thank Post
    Oops .. I obviously read over the bit about not being covered ..

When I had my smash, I just told the story as it was and they believed me .. still had to pay an excess, but it wasn't the full one as it went down as a non-fault but they still have to recover their costs ..

Might be worth questioning that with them ..

A few pics of my car.. see if you can guess where the tree stopped it.. lol.. Worst part being, I had a stage piano and my MacBook in the boot! Thankfully the flightcase did it's job there though and the MacBook was just lucky!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails EduTech Car Shafted! Literally!-img_1470.jpg   EduTech Car Shafted! Literally!-img_1472.jpg   EduTech Car Shafted! Literally!-img_1474.jpg  
    Last edited by soveryapt; 16th December 2009 at 04:45 PM.

Thank Post
    Are you going to claim for it...

I wrote a car off in my teens and after working out how much it was actually worth minus my excess, decided to give the car away/keep it for spares and not claim.

Worked out cheaper in the long run as I didn't have a claim against me, to increase my premiums for the next 5 years.
    Last edited by witch; 16th December 2009 at 10:43 PM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 729 Posts
    I think James said he's only third party so wont be able to claim anyway.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    James,

are all those wheels ok bud , I might know a guy who will buy them fella

rad
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    James,

are all those wheels ok bud , I might know a guy who will buy them fella
    Simon, think he said earlier they weren't available

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just read the post - gutted for you. Absolutely pick sick. Especially as the other car drove off.

Glad you are okay.

GJE

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @ Simon No wheels are not in good condition mate.. one still has the Near Side Read Drum on it! and they are scratched like hell gone from black to silver 2 of them have.. and from what i saw earlier when i took them off one of them is dented so probably going to get 3 that would need refurbing anyway.

Had a guy tonight put it on the drive for me so it was not on the road, another guy came and took loads of plastic parts he needed... and the weeked the guy who moved it is going to take the engine out as he said that is still fine and would fetch me some money back and then he said i may aswell weigh it in or just give it to a salvage year as the chassis is bent it is useless to anyone.

Shame Really as alot of people who know me and about the car it was an awfull shame, car was in extremely good condition and it is a terrible loss.

I am third party fire and theft so i cant claim anyhow, as far as the insurance are concerned it was my fault as no other drivers are available (because they left me), i went down to local police station to report it today and i quierd why no one came out and he said it was because there were no other vistims/cars involed and you were able to talk... and you had changed the details with the business so no need for them to do anything but it has been logged and it will be passed on to traffic cops for future reference.

According to my insurance company today i wont have to pay an excess fee, they said i would get a phone call back after 3hrs but i didn't so hopefully will hear of them tomorrow.. sooner they tell me i can get rid of the car.. end my insurance etc the better!

Going to Arnold Clarke weekend to see if i can get a new car from there... see what happens! if not for ref i have a Pug 306 V Reg 1.9 Turbo Desiel someone said i can have for £500 but i think that will just eat my insurance even more. so i dont know we shall see what happens! felt weird this morning going to work on the bus again!

Thank for all your kind words guys, just shows how nice everyone really is in this community! like another family!

@ Kmount - That has never been said before and that was very kind of you! and i am glad i do make a difference

James.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Ouch James sounds like it could have been much worse. Hope it gets sorted soon!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Can you claim the £2,000 for scrappage or is that only for new cars?

GJE

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast