+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
General Chat Thread, EduTech Car Shafted! Literally! in General; Originally Posted by srochford Also very glad he's OK (and it's a real tribute to his driving and the quality ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,862 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by srochford View Post
    Also very glad he's OK (and it's a real tribute to his driving and the quality of the car that he is!)

Playing devil's advocate, but what exactly could the police have done had they come out? Offered tea and sympathy? We'd have more accusations of wet liberalism if they did that! I'm guessing there are no other witnesses so what info could they collect? If there are CCTV cameras on the road then the info they hold will still be there tomorrow but if there are no cameras then this is just one of those complete nightmares where the guilty party will get away.
    I'd say their jobs. They are supposed to ensure that the road surface is clear of debris, and safe. Also they're supposed to check that anything that was hit was left in a safe condition and that no unseen people were injured. They're also supposed to look for the people who caused the crash - be that by looking for CCTV cameras, or by finding out any details of the cars that James may remember (colour, model etc...) so they can do a search for them in the surrounding area.

Also, one of the things you're forgetting with a RTC is that whilst there may be no physical injury, shock may have set in etc... Which would need care on site.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 727 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by srochford View Post
    Playing devil's advocate, but what exactly could the police have done had they come out?
    Now I Know this doesn't apply to James but to check for drink driving / other causes.

Thank Post
    Sorry to hear this mate, glad your safe and well!
    Im shocked to hear the police did nothing! Both accidents I have been involved in had the police turn up and were relativley minor.
    Hope your luck picks up and father christmas brings you something nice to replace it

Thank Post
    Public transport at Christmas, couldn't come at a worse time.

rad
    Thank Post
    Sorry to hear this, I hate boy racers with a passion, was never one, will never race like one.

Where are you based?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vikpaw View Post
    so basically, the way to get any attention is to not swerve out of the way, risk your life, but ensure the stupid **** pay the price too.
    Good point but risky; if they are driving like crétins, racing each other with no lights on in the dark you'll probably find they aren't insured. :-|

Glad 'EduTech' is ok, hope it doesn't upset Christmas too much?

Ben

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks Guys, Feel okay this morning expected to wake up and ache all over but again think i was just lucky not to be injured.

Woke up this morning to see car was gutted, see pictures attached.. total wreck!

First time for me so now need to phone insurance company and get them sorted, so then see what i need to do with the car... only just spent a couple of hundread pound on a few things so probably try and get them back and sell what i can to get some of the money back but needs to be scrapt pretty quick as i dont really want it sat out side my house as the RAC just stuck it on the road (which i dont think is good, especially if someone hurts themself on it)

Yeah i know what you mean with regards to the police, i am shocked that they didn't even drop by to see if everything was okay... they just didn't take any notice at all, again i thought they had to attend every Road Traffic Accident.. but clearly they didn't want to come to mine. (police station about 2 minute away aswell)

@ Rad i am based in Oldbury, Birmingham, UK
    @ Ric Yeah suppose it will give me a chance to get a better car ;-) but then it would cost me 2 legs and an Arm (probably more if i went to your standard)

If i hadn't of swerved out the way, it would of ended up being a head on collision as i say which i think would of ended up worse.

I'm going to pop down to the guys shop later i think just to make sure everything is okay there, he appreciated me phoning him though *Thankfully The Company over the road working late so had his number* so that was good, i was more concerned for his building to be honest if it was me i wouldn't of wanted to come to work to find the front of my shop had been smashed in... and that it had probably been robbed because it wasn't exactly secure.

I am @ work now :-) just gotta sort out my insurance!

James.

Thank Post
    Glad to hear your OK

should the police have come to take pictures and the like, and record the incident. surely you left skid marks on the road etc.... which the police should have looked at and been able to attribute to you swurving to avoid something....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Very pleased to hear you're OK and starting to get things sorted out.

<cynic>If you hadn't moved out of their way, it would probably end up being your fault for not doing exactly that

IDIOTS!

Thank Post
    I see no pictures?

Are you new wheels knackered?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    I see no pictures?

Are you new wheels knackered?
    Oh right they are there.... in the OP

Yeah they are worthless aswell

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,339 Times in 727 Posts
    Hope you told your insurance company about those James

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    I'd say their jobs. They are supposed to ensure that the road surface is clear of debris, and safe. Also they're supposed to check that anything that was hit was left in a safe condition and that no unseen people were injured. They're also supposed to look for the people who caused the crash - be that by looking for CCTV cameras, or by finding out any details of the cars that James may remember (colour, model etc...) so they can do a search for them in the surrounding area.

Also, one of the things you're forgetting with a RTC is that whilst there may be no physical injury, shock may have set in etc... Which would need care on site.
    The police aren't psychic, you actually have to call them to let them know a crash has happened? Or just rely on someone else to do it for you...

No Offence to the injured party, just the anti police loons who always jump on the wagon to slate the force that keeps our country in order...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SYSMAN_MK View Post
    Hope you told your insurance company about those James
    Anything to get out of paying out eh?

A mate of mine had a Fiesta when we were 17, nothing special by any means, but he had put a load of stickers/graphics all over the sides. Some of these designs were considered as advertising when he had an accident, and hence the car was obviously being used for business purposes (which it wasn't). Not only did they not pay out on the claim, but he got done with having something like unrepresentative insurance. I can't remember the exact term, it wasn't no insurance, but the penalties were exactly the same.

Glad to hear your all right though James, road collisions are never a nice thing.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcath View Post
    Surely you left skid marks ..
    I bet he did

Good news that you are ok.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast