+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Fog Lights in General; Yes its foggy but its not that foggy! I can see you, you can see me. All your lights are ...

Thank Post

Fog Lights

Yes its foggy but its not that foggy! I can see you, you can see me. All your lights are doing is giving me a headache. Oh and its not cool.

The highway code says you need to use them when visibility is less than 100 yards. Its no where near that especially in built up areas!!

Grrr.

Thank god its friday!

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    And why, when it's an insy-winsy little bit foggy, do you always get someone with their headlamps on full-beam, driving at 20 miles an hour down the centre of the road? If that was you on the B4114 this morning then you need a kick up the backside. Were you blind as well as stupid and thus unable to see the quarter mile tailback you were causing?! Idiot.

Thank Post
    I have a little game I play...if a car comes towards me with foglights on when not needed I shout the word *rse extremely loudly at it...

...does no good whatsoever of course but it does de-stress me wonderfully...

ps I only do this when I am alone in the car...
    pps Actually these days I am shouting it so often I am getting hoarse...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,427 Times in 1,776 Posts
    Round here the fog is very patchy. So, you'll be driving in extremely thick fog for a while and then it thins out to next to nothing. Under those circumstances, I am lazy about switching them off and on every few minutes.

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by sippo View Post
    Yes its foggy but its not that foggy! I can see you, you can see me. All your lights are doing is giving me a headache. Oh and its not cool.

The highway code says you need to use them when visibility is less than 100 yards. Its no where near that especially in built up areas!!

Grrr.

Thank god its friday!

Foggy down here - East Sussex - enough for me to put both front and back fogs on this morning, oh and look cool into the bargain

But I know where you are coming from, some drivers just put them on regardless.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Round here the fog is very patchy. So, you'll be driving in extremely thick fog for a while and then it thins out to next to nothing. Under those circumstances, I am lazy about switching them off and on every few minutes.
    Which in a way is understandable, its in built up area's which infuriates me the most!

Thank Post
    Front fogs...? ONLY to be used when you are going SO slowly that you are relying on seeing the curb to find your way. No damned use at all otherwise!

Thank Post
    Not foggy here this morning - but very icy.
    The ones that irritates me are the ones who sit with their foot on the brake for longer than they should - especially when its a 4x4 or van ..

My response ... hang a biot further back and stick my Full Beam on

Brake on - F/B on
    Brake Off - F/B Off
    etc
    etc

Did this along a 2 mile stretch where it was very slow (mainly stationary) traffic on the M60 and the 4x4 in front just sat on the brake constantly..

Thank Post
    It's drivers who put their rear fog lights on when it's raining that I hate. All they do is create a glare that reduces visibility for those behind. However, if it's gloomy and I see other cars with their headlights on, then I put mine on even if I can see alright. I work on the principal that they put the lights on because they can't see so well.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by elsiegee40 View Post
    Same here, and was doing the exact same the other night, only to get pulled over, breathalysed, car checked over and than fined £70 for fog-light misuse

Thank Post
    Even though i do not do it myself, people who use front fog lights all the time I do not find a problem, as long as they are only using a 50w bulb and have them suitabley directed then i can't see the problem.

Peronsally i think Xenon lights are more of an issue whether they are OEM or added at a later date they are just horrible and cause so much glare so when comes the other way (Twice as bad if they are some 3rd party creation and the colour temperature is past the legal Kelvin rating) you can't see jack.

Thank Post
    You want to try being on a motorbike when someone on the other side of the road has full beam on and it's pitch black - not cool! It's hard enough to see the road in front as it is without being blinded in the process!

Thank Post
    i have a cheeky set of full beam HIDs for when i see people with fog lights on day or night... most of the time they have to pull over and quickly learn...

the other one is when people are behind me i flick my rear fogs on and off as fast as possible untill they get the idea...

failing all of those i get out of the car with a tyre iron and batter them XD

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by capncrunch View Post
    Peronsally i think Xenon lights are more of an issue whether they are OEM or added at a later date they are just horrible and cause so much glare so when comes the other way (Twice as bad if they are some 3rd party creation and the colour temperature is past the legal Kelvin rating) you can't see jack.
    Phew! It's not just me (I was beginning to think/hope that I was turning into a vampire with increased night vision). Some of those things are so bright that it's like they have their beams on full. (I have flashed people before only to be totally blinded when they flash back).

Of course it doesn't help that some morons do drive around constantly on full beam. I have quite often let someone through (in the middle of a well-lit town) and been "flashed" by the other driver who takes his beams off full briefly!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    It's drivers who put their rear fog lights on when it's raining that I hate.
    Allowed in motorway spray and similar.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast