+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Adopters of Thin Client Technology. . . . . in General; Show us your setup! Or more precisely if there's anyone here that uses Thin Client technology extensively in their school ...

Thank Post

Adopters of Thin Client Technology. . . . .

Show us your setup! Or more precisely if there's anyone here that uses Thin Client technology extensively in their school that wouldn't mind myself and our Business manager popping in for a visit one day soon, please let me know.

I'm not too worried what thin client system you're using, although it would be helpful if you've got a good mix of end client devices, and if you're using it on a relatively large scale i.e more than 1 server and more than 30 end devices. Also if you use it for serving the remote desktop environment to ourside users over the web, that would be a bonus as we'd like to see that in action.

You don't necessarily have to be local to us - anywhere with a good pub nearby will do

Thanks in advance,

Mike.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maniac View Post
    Show us your setup! Or more precisely if there's anyone here that uses Thin Client technology extensively in their school that wouldn't mind myself and our Business manager popping in for a visit one day soon, please let me know.

I'm not too worried what thin client system you're using, although it would be helpful if you've got a good mix of end client devices, and if you're using it on a relatively large scale i.e more than 1 server and more than 30 end devices. Also if you use it for serving the remote desktop environment to ourside users over the web, that would be a bonus as we'd like to see that in action.

You don't necessarily have to be local to us - anywhere with a good pub nearby will do

Thanks in advance,

Mike.
    I wouldnt mind visiting a site using thin clients either as i would like to implement next year.

I am in Lancashire

Thank Post
    I think we're a bit far away for you but we do have a suite that we demo for Novus.

We currently run Citrix. We have four servers in the farm currently and about 75 thin clients which are a mix of HP devices running Linux, WinCE and Axel devices. We also use Citrix web access to provide home working to staff.

Thomas Deacon Academy are in Cambridgeshire and I've seen them make offers for people to look before so it might be worth dropping them a line.

http://www.thomasdeaconacademy.com/p...=Welcome&pid=1
    Last edited by cookie_monster; 10th December 2009 at 02:42 PM.

AIT
    Thank Post
    We are running thin clients only as a test but hoping to role it out in 2 new labs once they buildings go up.

current config. 2 esx vmware servers
    1 control server

hp thin clients.

works very nicely

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread