+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 19
General Chat Thread, Rage Against The Machine for Christmas No.1 in General; I get a bit tired of all these Facebook groups BUT this one is very worthwhile Willkommen bei Facebook | ...
  1. #1
    cookie_monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    4,196
    Thank Post
    392
    Thanked 278 Times in 239 Posts
    Rep Power
    74

    Rage Against The Machine for Christmas No.1

    I get a bit tired of all these Facebook groups BUT this one is very worthwhile

    Willkommen bei Facebook | Facebook

    Sorry about the shouting title I was in the middle of editing it when it posted oops
    Last edited by EduTech; 9th December 2009 at 06:55 PM. Reason: Title Correction :)

  2. #2

    synaesthesia's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Northamptonshire
    Posts
    5,871
    Thank Post
    574
    Thanked 998 Times in 770 Posts
    Blog Entries
    15
    Rep Power
    461
    I'd much rather the Muppets were #1 with their version of BoRap.

  3. #3
    Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    940
    Thank Post
    115
    Thanked 118 Times in 74 Posts
    Rep Power
    39
    I'd love for Rage to be Christmas number one.

    But I've seen something similar before... and it didn't work!

  4. #4
    cookie_monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    4,196
    Thank Post
    392
    Thanked 278 Times in 239 Posts
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    I'd love for Rage to be Christmas number one.

    But I've seen something similar before... and it didn't work!


    Yeh everyone signs up but no one buys, oh well we can dream. Having said thay I think you only need to sell 50 to get to number one maybe we can do it between us

  5. #5

    tech_guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Posts
    8,135
    Thank Post
    1,908
    Thanked 1,343 Times in 742 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    395
    I think Gordon Brown singing My Old Man's a Dustman should be number one for xmas....

  6. #6
    tsky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Billingham
    Posts
    200
    Thank Post
    10
    Thanked 27 Times in 16 Posts
    Rep Power
    20
    Has no one considered the irony of this though....

    Quoth the geek from classic RATM...

    "***K you I won't do what you tell me"



  7. Thanks to tsky from:

    Batman (10th December 2009)

  8. #7
    DAZZD88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
    Posts
    788
    Thank Post
    163
    Thanked 77 Times in 66 Posts
    Rep Power
    47
    Well I joined and do intend to buy but unfortunately not until pay day.

  9. #8

    webman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    8,403
    Thank Post
    637
    Thanked 961 Times in 661 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    319
    There should be a group Anything *BUT* Rage Against The Machine for Xmas #1.

  10. #9
    Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    940
    Thank Post
    115
    Thanked 118 Times in 74 Posts
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by tsky View Post
    Has no one considered the irony of this though....

    Quoth the geek from classic RATM...

    "***K you I won't do what you tell me"


    Ah yes... I must admit I hadn't quite figured it out, but I knew there was something not quite right about it all!

  11. #10
    Batman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    940
    Thank Post
    115
    Thanked 118 Times in 74 Posts
    Rep Power
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    There should be a group Anything *BUT* Rage Against The Machine for Xmas #1.
    Is that to go with the Webman is a Pansy group?

  12. #11

    webman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    8,403
    Thank Post
    637
    Thanked 961 Times in 661 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Is that to go with the Webman is a Pansy group?
    Too right!!

    I really couldn't give a monkeys about the UK charts any more, but I just don't like RATM

  13. #12
    DAZZD88's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Sunderland, Tyne and Wear
    Posts
    788
    Thank Post
    163
    Thanked 77 Times in 66 Posts
    Rep Power
    47
    Quote Originally Posted by webman View Post
    There should be a group Anything *BUT* Rage Against The Machine for Xmas #1.
    I disagree strongly.

    This choice of song for Christmas number 1 is quite apt. Think of it this way, Simon Cowell's puppets always clinch Christmas number 1 because Cowell pretty much controls the media. In essence he is "The Machine" and we are to be defying/rebelling against him. Therefore we are raging against the machine. Plus the song lyrics lend themselves to this, "F**k you, I won't do what you tell me..." Liking RATM or not I think is less important than ruining Mr. Cowell's Christmas.

  14. #13
    cookie_monster's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Derbyshire
    Posts
    4,196
    Thank Post
    392
    Thanked 278 Times in 239 Posts
    Rep Power
    74
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    I disagree strongly.

    This choice of song for Christmas number 1 is quite apt. Think of it this way, Simon Cowell's puppets always clinch Christmas number 1 because Cowell pretty much controls the media. In essence he is "The Machine" and we are to be defying/rebelling against him. Therefore we are raging against the machine. Plus the song lyrics lend themselves to this, "F**k you, I won't do what you tell me..." Liking RATM or not I think is less important than ruining Mr. Cowell's Christmas.


    Exactly, liking the song or not isn't really the issue. Of course it would help

  15. #14

    webman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    North East England
    Posts
    8,403
    Thank Post
    637
    Thanked 961 Times in 661 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2
    Rep Power
    319
    Quote Originally Posted by DAZZD88 View Post
    I disagree strongly.

    This choice of song for Christmas number 1 is quite apt. Think of it this way, Simon Cowell's puppets always clinch Christmas number 1 because Cowell pretty much controls the media. In essence he is "The Machine" and we are to be defying/rebelling against him. Therefore we are raging against the machine. Plus the song lyrics lend themselves to this, "F**k you, I won't do what you tell me..." Liking RATM or not I think is less important than ruining Mr. Cowell's Christmas.
    RATM = Epic record label. Part of Sony.
    Simon Cowell = Fingers in lots of pies, including Sony.

  16. #15

    maniac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Kent
    Posts
    3,037
    Thank Post
    209
    Thanked 425 Times in 306 Posts
    Rep Power
    144
    541,000 members - when I joined that group on Satruday there were but a mere 80,000 members.

    Xmas number 1 last year sold approx 350,000 copies in the week leading upto christmas, so if only 2/3 of the people in that facebook group buy the song, it might actually do it.

    The same idea got Jeff Buckley to Number 2 last year and only had about half the number of members in the group, so who knows.

    I think it'll be funny if it happens - just think of future christmas number 1 hits compilation CDs.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Christmas animation for Christmas Fair?
    By reggiep in forum General Chat
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 24th November 2008, 07:19 PM
  2. I know what I want for christmas now.....
    By ChrisH in forum Other Stuff
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11th November 2008, 11:37 AM
  3. XBox Rage
    By elsiegee40 in forum Gaming
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 30th January 2008, 11:10 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •