+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Office/Server Room in General; Originally Posted by sippo - Its like sitting on an airplane. - so we are renaming the office to the ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sippo View Post
    - Its like sitting on an airplane. - so we are renaming the office to the Virgin Atlantic Suite.
    So every day is like a holiday! Yey!!

Quote Originally Posted by sippo View Post
    - Get some plants to help with the air quality. But you're not allowed to water them due to health and safety regs!
    Best make those plastic ones then!

Thank Post
    My office is fairly long, so where I'm sitting the noise is about 58dB.

Anyone with an Android phone, download the Tricorder app. It's aces!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by fafster View Post
    Anyone with an Android phone, download the Tricorder app. It's aces!
    Beam me up, Scotty.

@ the back of my server racks farting.....
    Thank Post
    I have a big office all to my self, 3 big racks, im next to the window though, get some fresh air.

Thank Post
    least you guys have an office im currently based in the computer suite!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dalsoth View Post
    We have moved back in with the potentially ear damaging servers because of the same situation with the students. They smashed our door to our no window cupboard sized office till the concrete around the hinges flew off. Punched it, kicked it and passed racist notes about my tech under the door. When we pulled the latch across and ignored it, they climbed up on a radiator outside the door to the top internal window pane and banged on the glass laughing at us from above to wind us up. All the while i am told not to go out and confront them because it could be potentially a bad situation. When we do open the door and try to question their immature behaviour all the 6th formers bolt out the building laughing or smirk and claim they did nothing. This would happen all day and reporting it to staff got us nowhere.
    I'm sorry, but regardless of what I'd been told, I would have been out there politely telling them to f off! Do you think the head would sit there taking that? Or any teacher for that matter? No.

Though your school sounds awful! There are some nightmare kids here but nothing to that extent!

Thank Post
    Big office, plenty of room storage and work space. seperate server room full aircon. BSF, don't you just love it....best thing that ever happened.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewinder View Post
    I'm sorry, but regardless of what I'd been told, I would have been out there politely telling them to f off! Do you think the head would sit there taking that? Or any teacher for that matter? No.

Though your school sounds awful! There are some nightmare kids here but nothing to that extent!
    Was told i would be sacked in the past if i even tried to defend myself from physically aggressive students. Something that i would love to see them try should it ever happen.

Well we are getting a new office now after my many complaints. The students from the other room (6th formers) followed us back to the noisy server room and tried to continue their fun for the last week or so. Caught them banging on the door and running off downstairs and then making animal noises at us as we came down from the office. I made sure to remember their faces this time by spending a moment or so looking at each one as they sat there swearing and i walked up and explained what i was doing calmly. They did not like this and one tried to threaten me a few times.

I then fetched the SLT and had them rounded up as they all tried to bolt. Had plenty of f words thrown at me in front of the SLT etc.. I think the main guy was given a day removed from other students but not sure of any other punishments. Sad really how these kids learn that crime pays.

Anyroad, i will have a new office in a few weeks, perhaps after xmas and will ensure i get a cctv camera put up outside when they do it up for me. If the governors see what the kids get up to i don't think management can ignore it like they usually do.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12