+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Toshiba 3 year Proj Guarantee Problem in General; Just before half-term - a tosh porjector failed - no problem - it came with a 3 year warranty. When ...

Thank Post

Toshiba 3 year Proj Guarantee Problem

Just before half-term - a tosh porjector failed - no problem - it came with a 3 year warranty.

When a bloke turned up the next day, I asked where his tool kit was and he said he'd just come to collect it not fix it.

4 weeks later and no projector has been returned - phone calls don't get me anywhere - they are suprised that I'm finding their lack of prompt action a problem

Just a heads up that long term guarantees might not be worth much in the long term

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    EXACTLY the same has happened to us, bloke turns up, takes it away, and 6 weeks later we still havent heard anything.

Yet at other times, they have come out with a replacement? Though at those times, it isnt Toshiba themselves, but another company who deal with their warranties - Equinox

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,453 Times in 1,899 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This isn't limited to Toshiba (but I've had similar experience). Fujitsu-Siemens had one of our laptops from 3 weeks before the end of term, over the entire summer holiday and then another 2 weeks after the new terms started - to replace a dvd drive and motherboard. Roughly 11 weeks.

Thank Post
    Projector still isn't back and because I can't supply a reference number they say they can't tell me the status of the job

Another Toshiba projector had a bulb go 2 weeks ago and no bulbs are available

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SimpleSi View Post
    Another Toshiba projector had a bulb go 2 weeks ago and no bulbs are available
    Given the ridiculous cost of replacement Tosh lamps, we've started replacing the projectors when they fail. Pays for itself next time the lamp goes.

Thank Post
    We got ours back in the end by contacting the company who installs our smartboards. They then rung up Toshiba and we had a guy here the next day with a replacement

Obviously they had more clout than a lowly school

Thank Post
    We've stopped using Toshiba products entirely because of their poor service. Too many laptops that have developed faults that they've refused to fix, or fixed and then when the problem reoccurs refuse to deal with it again.

Thank Post
    Still no bulb

But at least the person on the phone was a human being this time could tell me the status of my broken projector without requiring a refererence number.

It seems its been deemed not worth re-repairing it and I'll (or my supplier ) will get a credit note for a replacement.

However this needs to be authorised by Toshiba Germany and this normally takes a couple of weeks but what with it being Christmass...........

Must remember to NEVER buy a Toshiba product again.
    regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Bulb arrived last week and I've put it in 10 mins ago - reception kids think I'm a very nice man

latest on broken proj is that they are "chasing Germany"

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    This isn't limited to Toshiba (but I've had similar experience). Fujitsu-Siemens had one of our laptops from 3 weeks before the end of term, over the entire summer holiday and then another 2 weeks after the new terms started - to replace a dvd drive and motherboard. Roughly 11 weeks.
    Had a Dell laptop break down a couple of months ago. After an hour or so with their online chat service, and still no luck getting it to work, they said they'd send an engineer around next day. Sure enough, he was here around 10am, brought his own tools and anti-static mat/bracelet combi, and in less than 30 mins, had replaced the motherboard and tested the laptop.

Also, practically every major hard drive manufacturer has diagnostic software for download, but they don't. I had an old Dell laptop to fix the other day - something wrong with HDD filesystem. Thought I'd remove it and plug it into my USB adapter, but no, it was a Toshiba with a strange interface. Anyway, the partitions had "disappeared" somehow, but after some fiddling with Recovery Console, TestDisk and GParted, I got it working again.

Thank Post
    DELL onsite service has always been good for me as well

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Well at BETT I went to the Toshiba stand (minus Edugeek garb - DB made me take it off as he knew I was out to complain ) I met up with Caroline from Toshiba and she said to send her an email and she'd try an expedite things.

She rang me today and said the problem is a bureaucratic one (I think their computer can't deal with sending me a credit note cause I didn't buy it off them - my dealer did!)

Obviously not being in the projector market any more isn't helping either.

So she asked for name of my dealer and she's going to talk to them.

Its progress Jim, but not as we know it!

regards

Simon

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread