+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Button joins McLaren in General; Originally Posted by DrPerceptron Mansell / Piquet / Senna... gone are the days of sparks (literally), simple and surprisingly quick ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,067 Times in 624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPerceptron View Post
    Mansell / Piquet / Senna... gone are the days of sparks (literally), simple and surprisingly quick cars, overtaking and decent circuits...

If you're going to do a GP, go abroad, Silverstone is a waste of time imo, certainly some of the stands at Abu Dhabi are designed to show a lot of the track and other places are just simply better (nothing to do with the fact I despise Silverstone for no good reason... I just don't like it... every year, without fail I fall asleep)

FYI: DVLL (Donington Park) went into administration although administrators think they can sell it pretty quickly...
    I agree about Silverstone 100% - although I will take both my boys there in a few years so they can at least witness the noise and general atmosphere. I was going to take the missus for a week in Monaco for the event - top notch package etc but need to find someone to look after the kids [ and take them to school etc !! ]

P.S. Who else enjoyed last night's James May's Toy Stories ?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    P.S. Who else enjoyed last night's James May's Toy Stories ?
    That was cool! It's been a great series but they are leaving a huge gap to the next one aren't they?

Thank Post
    I went to the Mercedes Benz World event last week (or the week before?) which was is located in the middle of Brooklands (where they sent those locals for some performance driving instruction) and that was absolutely brilliant in terms of spectating (despite having around 20k people there)... interesting watching them stick F1 cars and the DTM cars on the wet resin circle (slip speed of 16mph) and other things - but you get very close to the action there (well worth going if they do it next year).

That's my alternative for trying to do an F1 event in the UK at least...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DrPerceptron View Post
    I went to the Mercedes Benz World event last week (or the week before?) which was is located in the middle of Brooklands (where they sent those locals for some performance driving instruction) and that was absolutely brilliant in terms of spectating (despite having around 20k people there)... interesting watching them stick F1 cars and the DTM cars on the wet resin circle (slip speed of 16mph) and other things - but you get very close to the action there (well worth going if they do it next year).

That's my alternative for trying to do an F1 event in the UK at least...
    I was there for that - was brilliant!

was standing at the fence when Ham did his lap and got some great pictures until batteries ran down. Shame Button couldn't make it

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12