+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, who said chivalry was dead? in General; Originally Posted by CHR1S Its not about getting involved in others affairs, its about being realistic with things like national ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    Its not about getting involved in others affairs, its about being realistic with things like national stadiums (first thing I can think of from the top of my head that I know enough information about)

Why was the new Wembly built on the old site, in one of the most hard to get to places? Ok im probably biased but the Midlands is in the middle of the country, why not build it there in the middle where its easiest to get to and cheaper to build?
    The Midlands is not in the middle population-wise. It may be geographically so, but if countries did that - we'd have things being built in the Australian outback, the sahara desert, in the middle of Canadian forests etc... Economically, London is the most sensible place to put national buildings.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    The Midlands is not in the middle population-wise. It may be geographically so, but if countries did that - we'd have things being built in the Australian outback, the sahara desert, in the middle of Canadian forests etc... Economically, London is the most sensible place to put national buildings.
    But why not in a more easily accessable place, with a major motorway/rail link on the outskirts?

I did some quick maths and your right the London area still has more population than the larger cities of England combined so a very valid point! Perhaps my pride for my hometown is more of a part than common sense hehe

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    But why not in a more easily accessable place, with a major motorway/rail link on the outskirts?

I did some quick maths and your right the London area still has more population than the larger cities of England combined so a very valid point! Perhaps my pride for my hometown is more of a part than common sense hehe
    More accessible? You mean in a location which has an efficient underground rail system, will soon have crossrail, has several international and international airports within a short distance, has a motorway connection 2 miles away (M11, which connects to the M25 in a short distance also)?

Seems like a pretty ideal site to me!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    More accessible? You mean in a location which has an efficient underground rail system, will soon have crossrail, has several international and international airports within a short distance, has a motorway connection 2 miles away (M11, which connects to the M25 in a short distance also)?

Seems like a pretty ideal site to me!
    I am proven wrong... ill get my coat!!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12