View Poll Results: Are you going to watch?

Voters
73. This poll is closed
  • Yes

49 67.12%
  • No

24 32.88%
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
General Chat Thread, Poll: BNP on Question Time in General; Originally Posted by mossj majority of his stuff for comedic effect By "majority" I think it's pretty clear what I ...
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mossj View Post
    majority of his stuff for comedic effect
    By "majority" I think it's pretty clear what I meant... and I'm not going to even bother looking at things so pety as what car the guy wants to drive...
    Last edited by mossj; 23rd October 2009 at 01:30 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    So your favourite quote of the show is an attack on a man due to the actions of his father? Why, may I ask?
    Why? Because I found it funny. Next Question.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mossj View Post
    By "majority" I think it's pretty clear what I meant...
    Could be just me. I can't stand the man and avoid listening to him wherever possible. As a consequence most of what I have heard him say is to do with how fast Car X is or how the speed limit is too low etc: views that he genuinely seems to hold. I've managed to miss his views on immigration.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeMarchand View Post
    I've managed to miss his views on immigration.
    and truckers, and prostititues, and every other nationality, and nightclubs, and young people, and old people, and politicans, and bus lanes... I could go on.

Thank Post
    The fact you call multiculturalism an 'intellectually fashionable concept', speaks volumes.
    To people who don't do their homework. Perhaps this will help you to break your programming and actually start thinking:

Trevor Phillips became the head of the Commission for Racial Equality in 2003, and is the current head of the Equality and Human Rights Commission which subsumed the former organisation. He is a teensy bit controversial and has been widely reported as being **opposed** to multiculturalism for a long time now. Go look at his wp page [ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trevor_Phillips"]Wikipedia page[/ame] or in dozens of articles ad so in in the (relatively) quality press e.g. Multiculturalism's legacy is 'have a nice day' racism from over **five years ago** i.e. why so many people who apparently, and probably do genuinely care, are still so ignorant about what's been happening in this particular world is a bit perplexing.

Another take: In today's Times and obviously linked to QT there is an article A flawed philosophy that bolsters the BNP and it definitely worth reading.
    Last edited by PiqueABoo; 23rd October 2009 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Does special things with wikipedia lins

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PiqueABoo View Post
    To people who don't do their homework. Perhaps this will help you to break your programming and actually start thinking:

Trevor Phillips became the head of the Commission for Racial Equality in 2003, and is the current head of the Equality and Human Rights Commission which subsumed the former organisation. He is a teensy bit controversial and has been widely reported as being **opposed** to multiculturalism for a long time now. Go look at his wp page Wikipedia page or in dozens of articles ad so in in the (relatively) quality press e.g. Multiculturalism's legacy is 'have a nice day' racism from over **five years ago** i.e. why so many people who apparently, and probably do genuinely care, are still so ignorant about what's been happening in this particular world is a bit perplexing.

Another take: In today's Times and obviously linked to QT there is an article A flawed philosophy that bolsters the BNP and it definitely worth reading.
    but is trevor phillips not guilty of trying to bite the hand that feeds him ?

would a 'head of commision for racial equality' role have even existed without multiculturalism ?

Or maybe he was just talking guff, which he was prone to do quite a lot of imo. Not unlike baroness warsi, the tory who was on newsnight the other night.

to be honest i reckon we can do without the likes of this pair who seem to want to speak on behalf of people they don't actually have a mandate to represent, and want to make party leadership friendly conclusions and assumptions about ghettoisation and integration. IF the blairites/brownite in govt. wanted all immigrants to learn english, why have ESOL courses only been free to those who are on a income related benefit such as WTC and with a houshold income before tax of below £15050 ? It's quite expensive to do the courses otherwise.

Not something you'd force on people if learning english was a priority for integration and community cohesion is it ?
    Last edited by torledo; 24th October 2009 at 01:24 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456