View Poll Results: Are you going to watch?

Voters
73. This poll is closed
  • Yes

49 67.12%
  • No

24 32.88%
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Poll: BNP on Question Time in General; I am not saying these views are acceptable, or validating them in any way. I am merely stating my believe ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I am not saying these views are acceptable, or validating them in any way.
    I am merely stating my believe that I have the right to hold and express any personal view I desire and it is a freedom I hold dear and believe is worth fighting for.

By extention I believe you also have this same right and freedom.

Watching Sky News and I've just heard something I do agree with Mr Griffin - "they (the protestors) are not stopping my freedom of speech. They are stopping you from hearing my views and making up your own mind"

Thank Post
    Gosh. That a significant portion of this thread has nothing better to debate than whether word A is officially racist (According to who? Big Brother?) or not is interesting. Too much ignorance and um.. black & white thinking for my liking, once again it is all **very, very complicated**.

Something I think everyone ought to go research and think about is that "multiculturalism", the un-brilliant concept that has pretty much governed the country's approach to all this is increasingly being pronounced dead. It beats me when it was actually alive, but the point to take from this is that times appear to be changing.

I won't hold my breath but we *might* actually end up with a few good ideas, and if BNP getting elected and on TV helps trigger that then hurrah... anything is better than brushing it all under a carpet and sprinkling magic PC dust on top.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    I'll let the picture do the talking:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Poll: BNP on Question Time-griffin-jerk-poster.jpg   Poll: BNP on Question Time-griffineyes.gif  
    Last edited by mattx; 22nd October 2009 at 08:46 PM.

4. 2 Thanks to mattx:

bossman (23rd October 2009), stevenlong1985 (23rd October 2009)

Thank Post
    I prefer Stewie to be honest closely followed by Brian

Thank Post
    If you can't wait an hour.
    Highlights from tonights question time:

BBC NEWS | Politics | BNP's Griffin on Question Time

Thank Post
    He needs a gimmick (no Nick, those little tashs would be a bit much) and the stupid might fall for some "good ideas" again.

Thank Post
    Taking another view point of mine:

....and of course the BBC are loving all this attention. This [ in my personal opinion ] is yet another example of the desperate measures the BBC will stir up [ the media side ]
    They have dragged this on for months now along with the Swine Flu clap trap they also enjoyed stirring up. They are now masters at taking 'nothing news' and making it top news. It's turning into a bad episode of 'The Day Today' or Fox news.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    lol

Just seen this on twitter

RT @TLHobo: If #bbcqt was an Internet forum, Nick Griffin would ask for his account to be deleted and say he's never coming back.
    Russ

Thank Post
    stupid might fall for some "good ideas" again.
    ::shrug:: Sensible people might do some of that research I suggested on the decline of multiculturalism as an intellectually fashionable concept, as opposed to making stupid assumptions about my concept of "good ideas" and whose politics they might align with. Hint: I'm not tory, but they're much closer to the pragmatic Warsi's than Griffin's.

--

Long time no watch, but I thought QT was generally dumb and it certainly wasn't all Griffin's fault. Lot's of pedantic point scoring with peripheral tat, very little on anything of substance. Bit like here really...

Thank Post
    ROFL... just watched it around the GF's house....

Glad I did the labour guy saying he is from "Imigrant Stock" but wasn't sure about the guy that asked the question... the guy was black... ofc he is, and no mr labour guy it's not racist to say it either...

OH and everyone ripping into Griffin

decline of multiculturalism as an intellectually fashionable concept
    What exactly do you mean by this? That multiculturalism is getting less popular? because if so you are very wrong. I & my friends love our multicultural city, would not have it any other way!
    Last edited by mossj; 23rd October 2009 at 12:45 AM.

Thank Post
    Well answering the poll a little late because I did watch it.

I'm a conservative cllr. I think that the most important thing we have is free speech and a free press.

Unfortunately Nick is an elected member... and of a national parlament, not just a council like me. And therefore despite what his views are he *has* been elected to represent those people, and in that case should have been on the show....

Letís hope the public who watched the program like me would after seeing it not want to vote for them.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,443 Times in 1,891 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mossj View Post
    What exactly do you mean by this? That multiculturalism is getting less popular? because if so you are very wrong. I & my friends love our multicultural city, would not have it any other way!
    Multiculturalism is good, so long as it also involves people realising that it doesn't mean people creating their own little 'sectors' of cities and refusing to integrate.

It definitely isn't racist to want a society where different cultures are respected, encouraged but the people must be able operate in the existing society.

14. Thanks to localzuk from:

bossman (23rd October 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    After voting 'NO', I actually watched on iPlayer this morning - morbid curiosity, thanks to this thread - and I'm gald I did.

First we had Comical Ali, Then George Dub-ya Bush, and now....
    ....Nick Griffin...

he was the leader of an almost non-violent KKK
    Oh, you mean he beats the carp out of black guys?

Militant Gays
    He actually used that in a sentance. My god, comdey gold - you couldn't write this stuff! I've an induring image of the Village People marching on Downing Street, thanks Nick!

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post
    The whole programme was focused on things that we already know about Nick Griffin and the BNP; nothing was discussed on the concerns of those people which makes them vote for the BNP. It was just a character assassination.

And a balanced audience? Lots of ethnic 'minorities' and the rest of them were token white people. Not only that, but the whites in the audience were either lefty 'right on' students, or toff middle England types who believe everything is tickittyboo because they are personally unaffected by mass immigration.

Why didn't they ask his policies on real topics such as the NHS, the economy etc anything which would PROVE he has no clue about actually running a country and would be useless if elected for anything?

17. Thanks to Midget from:

dalsoth (23rd October 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PiqueABoo View Post
    Sensible people might do some of that research I suggested on the decline of multiculturalism as an intellectually fashionable concept
    The fact you call multiculturalism an 'intellectually fashionable concept', speaks volumes.

Some say you dont have to be a racist to vote for the BNP, but people will knowingly vote BNP racists in to parliment to represent them.

Note to self, dont get involved in political conversations on public forums.
    Last edited by Theblacksheep; 23rd October 2009 at 09:37 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast