+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, BBC Muddies the climate change debate waters in General; Is the climate changing? well yes obviously, lots of graphs, bearded people shouting, politicians smarming, so something is up. Is ...
    Thank Post
    Is the climate changing? well yes obviously, lots of graphs, bearded people shouting, politicians smarming, so something is up.

Is the climate getting worse? Frankly who knows, and for whom, the human race is about the most versatile animal on the planet (cockroaches don't count they piggy back on us), as a race I think we will survive.

Are we to blame? Who knows, but since we stopped letting CFCs into the atmosphere it has got cooler, the CFC reduction allows more ozone to exist in the upper atmosphere, which is a greenhouse gas, which will heat up the climate, f*cksocks this is quite complex. I don't believe people who get quite so religous about anything.

Should we do anything? Well yes, whether we are causing climate change or not, our resources are finite and I for one would like my grandchildren's children to be able to eat. So anything we can do to reduce the strain we are putting on our resources is good. Otherwise pure economics will screw us right royally, when there are three lumps of coal left, will the Chinese sell them to us. Unlikely I think.

Thank Post
    What has driven invention and adaption since the start of human existence? Necessity!!
    Until the need for new renewable energy is NEEDED (Desperatly) there will be no serious government uptake of new technology. There is no reason to point fingers of blame at any of us (yes we can help in part by recycling etc). The technologies are here now or very close (Nuclear Fusion) are almost self sustaining and relativley safe. Governments just need to take charge and lead the rest of the world into change.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123