+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
General Chat Thread, recommend me a A4 CLJ printer in General; Hey gang, I'm after a colour laser printer to go in a room of 30 computers. Any ideas what is ...
  1. #1
    PEO
    PEO is offline
    PEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,093
    Thank Post
    457
    Thanked 150 Times in 95 Posts
    Rep Power
    71

    recommend me a A4 CLJ printer

    Hey gang,

    I'm after a colour laser printer to go in a room of 30 computers. Any ideas what is the best printer for the job, pluss performance and cost effective.

    Cheers

  2. #2

    Ric_'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    London
    Posts
    7,590
    Thank Post
    109
    Thanked 762 Times in 593 Posts
    Rep Power
    180
    As it happens, I know that ICT Direct have a few colour lasers in at the moment... ICT Direct - offers on computer base units, laptops, servers, tft displays for schools, colleges

  3. #3

    bossman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,905
    Thank Post
    1,186
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts
    Rep Power
    328
    HP 4700n
    very effective both print wise and cost, as compatible toners are quite cheap compared with originals.
    They will last a number of years for the cost approx 900 as we have a 4600n which we have had for 8 years and still going strong over half a million copies printed off this equates to just over 100 per year plus toners.

  4. #4
    mjs_mjs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    bexleyheath, london
    Posts
    1,018
    Thank Post
    37
    Thanked 111 Times in 95 Posts
    Rep Power
    37
    we have some oki c5650 - they seem to be ok.

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Lancashire
    Posts
    500
    Thank Post
    97
    Thanked 62 Times in 56 Posts
    Rep Power
    24
    Oki are doing free 3 year warranty and a cash back or free toner offer!! Let me know if you want me to price any up.

  6. #6

    tmcd35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    5,620
    Thank Post
    845
    Thanked 883 Times in 731 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    326
    Just started buying Oki's here. Got A3 and A4 colour (C3600n - A4). Seem pretty good if not a tad expensive on toner.

  7. #7
    lionsl2005's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Barnet
    Posts
    533
    Thank Post
    373
    Thanked 23 Times in 22 Posts
    Rep Power
    16
    we have 3 HP CP3505n. doin pretty good job. can use compatible toners are little as 50 from toner4less.

  8. #8


    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Rural heck
    Posts
    2,662
    Thank Post
    120
    Thanked 434 Times in 353 Posts
    Rep Power
    126
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    Just started buying Oki's here. Got A3 and A4 colour (C3600n - A4). Seem pretty good if not a tad expensive on toner.
    I'd avoid the 3600 (you won't get a new one anyway). We found them utterly brilliant, and ended up with about 15 of them. Within the space of a few months a bug has krept in that causes them to just go 'offline'. Tried everything to resolve it. We've started phasing them out or using them as standalone printers.

    HP's line is they're host based and shouldn't be used with a print server. You should have work stations printing direct to the printer's IP. Oddly HP have moved away from host based networked colour lasers, now even the 150 jobby claims to be PCL.

  9. #9

    dhicks's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Knightsbridge
    Posts
    5,622
    Thank Post
    1,240
    Thanked 777 Times in 674 Posts
    Rep Power
    235
    Quote Originally Posted by bossman View Post
    They will last a number of years for the cost approx 900 as we have a 4600n which we have had for 8 years and still going strong over half a million copies printed off this equates to just over 100 per year plus toners.
    Can second that about the 4600n / 4650dn - we're still buying them second-hand off eBay (300-odd each), they just keep plodding along, no problems, although they are probably a bit pricey to run (30p per A4 photo) in comparison with some newer printers (maybe the 4700 is a bit cheaper to run?).

    --
    David Hicks

  10. #10

    tmcd35's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    5,620
    Thank Post
    845
    Thanked 883 Times in 731 Posts
    Blog Entries
    9
    Rep Power
    326
    Quote Originally Posted by K.C.Leblanc View Post
    I'd avoid the 3600 (you won't get a new one anyway). We found them utterly brilliant, and ended up with about 15 of them. Within the space of a few months a bug has krept in that causes them to just go 'offline'. Tried everything to resolve it. We've started phasing them out or using them as standalone printers.

    HP's line is they're host based and shouldn't be used with a print server. You should have work stations printing direct to the printer's IP. Oddly HP have moved away from host based networked colour lasers, now even the 150 jobby claims to be PCL.
    Lol, sorry - I was on about the Oki C3600n not the HP C3600n. I've been phasing HP out for a while. Tried brother but have now settled on Oki. Like I say colour prints seem a bit expensive but they do seem good well built machines. We have the C830n A3 and the C3600n A4. Certainly be sticking with Oki for the forseeable future for new printers.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Recommend Me A Printer
    By reprised in forum Hardware
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 30th July 2009, 10:58 PM
  2. Recommend me a printer (please)
    By tmcd35 in forum Hardware
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 2nd April 2009, 03:01 PM
  3. Can anyone recommend a photo printer
    By alidfc1 in forum Hardware
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 21st January 2009, 10:10 AM
  4. Recommend an A3 Printer?
    By witch in forum Hardware
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 24th January 2008, 02:57 PM
  5. Can anyone recommend a CD label printer?
    By paulpmp4 in forum Hardware
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12th February 2007, 06:48 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •