+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Booking flights online in General; ...
    Thank Post

Booking flights online

Most annoying I just booked some flight tickets online but not without pain.

I went to Virgin and looked up some ticket prices £480 I enter all details which takes a good while for four tickets, I'm just at the payment page when the site packs in. I reopen the browser and luckily all of the details are still there (cookie or similar no doubt) BUT the tickets are now £510. I close the browser and wait a while then go back but it's the same

Next I kept that page open and opened another InPrivate IE8 session, this of course means that the cookie is unavailable so I have to enter the search details again which I do and they're there for £480. I close the other page and repeat the search there but they're still £510 in the session with the cookie.

How annoying the cynic in me says they do this on purpose.

[/Rant Over]

Thank Post
    That's weird!

Confuse it and use FF.

Thank Post
    I could of used FF portable which I sometimes use but an InPrivate session gave the desired result, basicaly making the site think I was a different person.

Thank Post
    That happened to me with Ryan Air once...found flights for £50 to spain then it kicked me out, went back on and they were nearly £100....very annoying!!!

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie_monster View Post
    Most annoying I just booked some flight tickets online but not without pain.

I went to Virgin and looked up some ticket prices £480 I enter all details which takes a good while for four tickets, I'm just at the payment page when the site packs in. I reopen the browser and luckily all of the details are still there (cookie or similar no doubt) BUT the tickets are now £510. I close the browser and wait a while then go back but it's the same

Next I kept that page open and opened another InPrivate IE8 session, this of course means that the cookie is unavailable so I have to enter the search details again which I do and they're there for £480. I close the other page and repeat the search there but they're still £510 in the session with the cookie.

How annoying the cynic in me says they do this on purpose.

[/Rant Over]
    Call them, and demand they sell the tickets at the original £480. Tell them you have taken a screen shot and would happily provide them with this for evidence. £30 is £30 after all!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,052 Times in 973 Posts
    Or you could just take your money else where, qantas, british air ways or heaven forbid easy jet lol

Thank Post
    As I say through the InPrivate session I managed to buy them for the original price even though I couldn't get that price in the regular session. I did try to ring but after over 5 mins queuing I got bored and realised there might be another way

Or you could just take your money else where, qantas, british air ways or heaven forbid easy jet lol

It's a multicity ticket, I couldn't get close with anyone else I had STA quote as well and did multiple online searches.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread