+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Birmingham Single Status..... again!! in General; So, were very close to getting our single status outcome. Anyone else waiting for theres or had it already want ...

Thank Post

Birmingham Single Status..... again!!

So, were very close to getting our single status outcome. Anyone else waiting for theres or had it already want to shed some light on what these idiots have decided on this time?

Thank Post
    Im still waiting to hear back about mine I stand to lose 2k+, unless I get promoted :P

Thank Post
    I think most of mine is pretty much sorted and I stay exactly the same.

Thank Post
    I've heard a few different things - even heard one person was losing 4k and other 6k.

A.

Thank Post
    I have not a single clue as to whats going on. The heads have said I wont be losing any (I know pay is protected for X years) but the prospect of gaining and back pay would be nice

Thank Post
    It seems some schools Management are trying to impose single status on staff.Before they get chance support staff in your school should get together and request a report from the governors and Head Teacher. A written letter to the governors and head requested the following information:

A timetable for Single status in your School
    New job descriptions for each member of staff
    the matching process of JD's to pay scales
    Ask how much protection the school are offering the current pay scales ( Pay is frozen until march 2011)
    Copies of any new terms and conditions
    and any other info they can provide.

your school should already have had job evaluations, if not maybe these should be requested as well.

I would be interested in hearing if your school have had to ask for the information or have received any.

Thank Post
    Ours remain the same with the exception of gaining extra days holiday. The school has basically shuffled us across to a matching pay scale and adjusted the job title to suit. There are some changes for some part time staff but apparently nothing too drastic. On the whole our HT has done a great job.

Thank Post
    I haven't a clue whats going on either. I know that the council recommendation for my salary is about 6k lower than what i'm getting now.

Only time will tell

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamin100 View Post
    I haven't a clue whats going on either. I know that the council recommendation for my salary is about 6k lower than what i'm getting now.

Only time will tell
    What is your job title then mate? Thought you was a NM?

Thank Post
    I am, Kind of

When i started 6 years ago i was the ICT Technician. There were only 20 PC's and 2 servers.

Over the years the network grew to upwards of 150 machines and 6 servers + all the usual projectors, IWB's photocopiers etc.....

So about 18 months ago i got my job description / pay looked at and agreed that i was doing more of a NM post.

So my job description got re-wrote (i'm pretty sure they just copied yours) and pay adjusted. BUT i was told that my job title would have to stay the same (Technician) as they would be in effect creating a new job and it would have to be advertised for etc...

SO to recap.

Job Description of a NM
    Pay of a NM
    Title of ICT Technician

So when LEA looked at my job title and looked at moving it over to the new scale they compared it to a technicians salary which obviously is lower than a NM's. The head and GB both know that i'm doing a NM's job but i'll just have to wait and see.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jamin100 View Post
    I am, Kind of

When i started 6 years ago i was the ICT Technician. There were only 20 PC's and 2 servers.

Over the years the network grew to upwards of 150 machines and 6 servers + all the usual projectors, IWB's photocopiers etc.....

So about 18 months ago i got my job description / pay looked at and agreed that i was doing more of a NM post.

So my job description got re-wrote (i'm pretty sure they just copied yours) and pay adjusted. BUT i was told that my job title would have to stay the same (Technician) as they would be in effect creating a new job and it would have to be advertised for etc...

SO to recap.

Job Description of a NM
    Pay of a NM
    Title of ICT Technician

So when LEA looked at my job title and looked at moving it over to the new scale they compared it to a technicians salary which obviously is lower than a NM's. The head and GB both know that i'm doing a NM's job but i'll just have to wait and see.
    That kinda sucks, was my name still on the JD? lol!!

Thank Post
    My understanding of single status is that the individual 'agreed' roles & responsibilities carry more weight than the job title. If your job specification matches the role of a different 'job template' used by the LA then the salary for the LA 'job template' is what you should be paid. You have the right to appeal if you feel you are in the wrong salary band because of incorrect grading.

If you find yourself in this situation, seek union advice urgently as there are time limits for appeals.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CHR1S View Post
    That kinda sucks, was my name still on the JD? lol!!
    Probably !

Thank Post
    We had ours here a while back yet there are still massive differences in pay for people doing the same jobs. It was all the same pay or a small reduction. So much for the "this is not about you losing out" speech we had while it was going on.

Thank Post
    Hi

I am in a similar situation jamin100 I am currently the only technician in a special school but my job has developed more into a network manager’s role over the last 6 years. But due to my job title been technician I am loosing several thousand pounds.

I have been asked to try and find a appropriate description anther school is using witch matches my job role. If anyone has any advice or info that might help I would be grateful

thanks!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast