+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Airport Transfers in General; How easy is it to transfer between Gatwick and Heathrow? I'm trying to join some cheap flights together but don't ...
    Thank Post

Airport Transfers

How easy is it to transfer between Gatwick and Heathrow?

I'm trying to join some cheap flights together but don't want to end up in a world of hurt I can see it's possible online but is it a pain.

Cheers.

Thank Post
    I guess you saw this?

Heathrow - Gatwick Bus Shuttle Transfer By National Express Coach

When we went to Tortola from Heathrow, we stayed the night in the Sheraton and left the car there for the 2 weeks. We got their shuttle to the airport which cost four of us 5.00 each. It was a nightmare. Packed to the hilt, everytime they stopped to let people on/off, we had to get off as well with our cases. I was chatting to a London cabby in Antigua and he said "F*** the f****ing shuttle, get a f***ing black cab from outside the terminal. This we did, he loaded our bags, drove us into the hotel carpark to my car, helped me load up. 10 + 5 tip.

So it might be worth investigating how much a black cab would cost. Let us know the result.

Edit: Thinking about it, I believe he said "f***ing terminal!"

Thank Post
    Yeh I saw that cheers. I know it's a bit decadent but I think I'll fly. I looked up the price of a train ticket from Mac to London and it was over 100, a flight from Manchester to Heathrow was 40. Bit of a no brainer really.

If I end up doing the train I'll let you know what a pain in the ass it was last time I got the train (Virgin) to London I booked a seat only to find they had turned the reservation signs off and someone was sat in my seat and wouldn't move It took all of my powers to not go nuts.
    Last edited by cookie_monster; 3rd October 2009 at 02:29 PM.

Thank Post
    Many years ago I used the shuttle from Gatport to Heathrow. (Flight home cancelled due to being snowed in). ISTR it worked fine.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie_monster View Post
    Yeh I saw that cheers. I know it's a bit decadent but I think I'll fly. I looked up the price of a train ticket from Mac to London and it was over 100, a flight from Manchester to Heathrow was 40. Bit of a no brainer really.

If I end up doing the train I'll let you know what a pain in the ass it was last time I got the train (Virgin) to London I booked a seat only to find they had turned the reservation signs off and someone was sat in my seat and wouldn't move It took all of my powers to not go nuts.
    If that ever happens get the guard, they pretty much HAVE to get you your seat since you reserved it, or if they prefer they upgrade you to first class for free. Their call!

I'm not even joking, if you've got a reservation, you've paid for the seat in effect, so the guard can evict the person taking your seat (and even fine them if they get uppity) and you get the place you paid for!

Thank Post
    I did get a member of staff and they said that as they were so busy they had turned off the reserved signs, them being busy on a sunday was exactly the reason I booked the ticket

I complained and got a free ticket but of course I had to stand for over an hour of my journey.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The Virgin seat reservation system is a nightmare - I'd say it fails to work at least half the time.

In general, if the train is not busy, it's no big deal - you just sit anywhere - but if the train is full then they either announce that you can sit in first class or people just do it anyway.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread