+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, Clothing for work in General; *must resist making comment about non-iron shirts which look so much better when actually ironed!* M&S for most shirts for ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,782 Times in 1,105 Posts
    Blog Entries
    *must resist making comment about non-iron shirts which look so much better when actually ironed!*

M&S for most shirts for me as they have the wide shoulders, wide neck and the sleeves are not overly long. Next for double cuff shirts as I have tended to be a desk jockey for the last 2 years.

When having to do manual labour I wear black jogging bottoms and a variety of geeky t-shirts ... or if I might be seen by someone higher up I have a variety of branded polo shirts from a number of software / hardware suppliers to stick on ranging from Dell, MS, Apple, Ramesys, IDNS ... enough to keep me going for about 3 weeks now.

I've always had the dress code of shirt and tie during term time but whatever is comfortable to get messy in during the hols. I suggested providing school badged polo shirts at the school's cost when there ... but the team preferred to wear shirt and tie rather than be branded.

Thank Post
    Meh, i just wear a random t-shirt and the nearest pair of jean and trainers i can find ... although .. i do go all out on open days and wear a suit but that's usually because i'm talking to prospective parents.

Dan

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Would anyone be interested in EduGeek shirts (long and short sleeves), t-shirts and polo shirts? All will be quite embroidered and affordable.
    I'd be interested in Polo shirts, if they're black or navy blue, and Super-Jumbo-Deluxe size*
    I currently wear Polo's with the School crest and "IT Support" embriodered on them, and jeans.

*3XL

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,451 Times in 1,897 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I pretty much always shop at M&S to be honest. Finding shirts to fit me is difficult with my being tall and skinny. They seem to always have something to fit, and don't break the bank.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,050 Times in 919 Posts
    My mum tells me they are fine - Non-Iron MandS Shirts (I don't do my own ironing or washing I put it in a magic basket and it re-appears in my wardrobe all freshly washed and ironed - well not in the case of the non-iron shirts lol).

As for shirts, well I've got a range - MandS, Primark, Ted Baker, Matalan. The Ted Bakers are lovely and very jazzy and really nice to wear, but somedays I think hmmm not the best shirt for a College but I do have some t-shirts in the server room I can change into if we have a disaster (or I get grabbed to setup the exam hall, build the tiered seating system.....)
    Last edited by john; 30th September 2009 at 10:13 PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dos_Box View Post
    Would anyone be interested in EduGeek shirts (long and short sleeves), t-shirts and polo shirts? All will be quite embroidered and affordable.
    Yes! also if you make a decent hoody, I'd be interested....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Few things here and of course all my view (nothing new said it before)

Shirt and Tie and trousers (suite if you are inclined) anything else (unless some kind of branded Polo Shirt type thing) just looks really unprofessional.

Before people say it sorry tie is not health and safety risk (not taking it off is) and with the places like Primark and Matalan there is no problem if you spill toner over it as not lost a great deal of money on it.

If really maybe issue then have spare jeans and shirt that can change into if for some reason you need to crawl through roof space.

Back to the main topic Primark here but might be tempted to try Marks suggestion of M/S shirts if they are that good.

Russ

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,648 Times in 1,104 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by russdev View Post
    might be tempted to try Marks suggestion of M/S shirts if they are that good.
    The M&S commission will be good this month *rubs hands together*

Thank Post
    I usually wear school branded polo shirts, which I hate but its about as casual as I can get. Dont mind wearing shirts but the heating here is so unpredictable I usually end up struggling (hate short sleeve ones)
    Never wear a tie to work, not a fan of ties unless you have a suit on. And I certainly cannot afford a suit for every day of the week

Thank Post
    Get all mine from Suits You Preston, i feel better in good clothing and it has to have long sleeve with cufflinks. My suit is Pierre Cardin double vent 3 buttons.

richard_s
    For me its black trousers and shoes or boots with either a works polo shirt or a shirt and tie. I also have a company sweat shirt and fleece as well. If I am working in a school then its Black trousers and a shirt and tie.

If I am doing a cabling job then I can wear jeans and either works polo shirt or sweatshirt. if I'm working a Saturday in the shop then it is jeans and a works polo shirt or sweatshirt.

Thank Post
    Its got to be a well-tailored Italian two tone suit, a slim-fitting buttondown collared shirt, Penny Loafers and a pork pie hat. And that just for those more informal moments.
    Last edited by stinkfoot; 1st October 2009 at 09:57 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123