+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Visionsoft - is it dead? in General; I've been using this bit of software (Powerout) for a while, I got it with Visual Audit which i thought ...

Thank Post

Visionsoft - is it dead?

I've been using this bit of software (Powerout) for a while, I got it with Visual Audit which i thought was pants but now I am wondering if the company has gone belly up. They haven't responded to emails and their telephone number says it does not accept incoming calls anymore. Also I cannot download anything except the trial version.

Glad I didn't go for the platinum super duper package if they have died.

Thank Post

Yep, visionsoft is dead and buried!

It took me ages to find out, but after hunting around, I found some information on companies house that they are gone! I am pretty furious after signing up for life time support offer, but clearly, I should have realised at the time the offer was too good to be true. I was relatively happy with X4 pro but since they went under, I was forced to find found another PC auditing tool, one called auditwizard. I don't know the URL but if you search Google for it, you will find it. Its different from visual audit pro so if you didn't like it that one is definitely worth checking out.

I also got that deal you did that included PowerOut with Visual Audit Pro. I liked the PowerOut app thought that VisionSoft did, even if it had its problems or "quirks". No doubt we will receive a letter from the liquidators soon and when I do, I will be trying to find out how my "life long support" deal is going to work out, thankfully, I didn't have to spend much on it so not lost that much money.
    Last edited by libbyj; 30th September 2009 at 07:01 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanks for that. I was getting bombarded with stuff about theie lifetime warranty but ended up telling them not to send me anything else.

The worst thing is the latest version of powerout needs to be unlocked on their side for the serial key to work... and with a new install I have to do that

Thank Post
    Ah, I never realised that! Our Visual Studio was already activated when I took it over. That's not good news, because that means if I ever have to reinstall any of their products I am stuffed as it will won't run. Great. Glad I got an alternative audit product now

Thank Post
    Shame...used the auditing software for a while and while its definately not perfcect, it does the job
    Didnt like Powerout and Patch I.T seemed totally pointless when you could just use WSUS

Thank Post
    I had wondered why I was no longer getting weekly emails and letters selling me the lifetime service (which I've already bought).

I've never bothered with the other apps, but I really like Visual Audit and PowerOut. I'll have to make sure I don't uninstall them now!

Thank Post
    What do other people use for auditing?

Thank Post
    I found a copy of Powerout that I downloaded last month, The registration must be in the registry as I reinstalled it and the license was valid. Its when you install from scratch it goes tothe now defunct Visionsoft site and downloads the license detaisl to unlock it.

Phew.

Couldn't be ar$ed looking for a new one as I quite like this one.

Thank Post

Alternative auditing Software

Have you looked at SpiceWorks? Totally freeware and runs from a web front end. Install it on a server and have it scan your network for you at specific times.

Through the use of plugins and widgets you can keep track of the licenses in use. Currently trying to get the powers that be to ok it for use.

Spiceworls

10. Thanks to LeightonJames from:

mossj (2nd November 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by LeightonJames View Post
    Have you looked at SpiceWorks? Totally freeware and runs from a web front end. Install it on a server and have it scan your network for you at specific times.

Through the use of plugins and widgets you can keep track of the licenses in use. Currently trying to get the powers that be to ok it for use.

Spiceworls
    +1 although the scanning and invetory interface is very slow. The helpdesk side of it is fantastic and in use by many members on here.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by InsiderOne View Post
    I've used quite a few auditing products - interestingly enough it seems that Visionsoft (Visual Audit) and Layton Technology (AuditWizard) have some connection as one of the Visionsoft Directors is Richard Ward whereas Robert Ward is a Director of Layton Technology... Think I would be careful about converting to an alternative Auditing product if there was a connection given that Visionsoft have gone into liquidation...
    And Gareth Gates is linked to Microsoft, right?! (sorry, it was the first shared surname of famous people I could think of!)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoman View Post
    He's also set up Peachworx and has started touting himself round Visionsoft's old customers.

I'd avoid if I heard from them. I had a 'lifetime' Visionsoft support contract that's now gone and is worthless!!
    I've just had an email from him, offering me a discount on taking out the latest version. I might stay with my perpetual licence for Visionsoft, rather than pay the annual fees for the new one though...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by enjay View Post
    I've just had an email from him, offering me a discount on taking out the latest version. I might stay with my perpetual licence for Visionsoft, rather than pay the annual fees for the new one though...
    Interesting point made there - I keep getting emails from Peachworx telling me that my Powerout license will have expired and that I need to buy their product. I recall paying a one-off fee for Powerout about 3 years ago and Vsionsoft never bothered me about annual renewals

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteM View Post
    I recall paying a one-off fee for Powerout about 3 years ago and Vsionsoft never bothered me about annual renewals
    Visionsoft had two ways you could buy their products - either a Schools Licence which was a 1- or 3-year licence for all their titles, or outright purchase of a particular title. If you went with the latter, then you have a perpetual licence for it, and the notes from Visionsoft and now Peachworx telling you that you must pay can be ignored (I have an email from Visionsoft confirming this, although it did take a bit of back-and-forth to make them admit it).

Thank Post

Visionsoft & Powerout

Hello

Bought a 110 licence for powerout in May 2009. Powerout works quite well but has a few niggly bugs. Worst being if you loose a hard drive or change the computer name you loose a licence! I lost licences before I realised you must uninstall the powerout client before changing the computer name. Now I have had the following email from Peachworks:-

Dear Christopher

This is just a quick update regarding your PowerOut Software.

We wrote to you about a month ago to let you know PeachWorx acquired PowerOut and have redeveloped it into TaskForceCO2 and gave you details of an existing user offer.

TaskForceCO2 includes a dashboard for graphical analysis of savings and will be the platform for all future development.

Just to let you know you can still get an unlimited Site Licence for TaskForceCO2 as an existing PowerOut user for 149, with support and upgrades, as this offer has been extended until 9th April 2010 to allow for peoples budget requirements.

If you want to have a look full details are available here:-

http://www.peachworx.com/index.php/powerout

Best regards

Richard

I pointed out that I was no keen to keep paying every year and we bought a 3 year subscription to powerout. Richard then extended the deadline for the order and reduced the price to 99 for our school.

Still thinking about buying as I want the site licence thus preventing loosing a licence due to disk failure on the powerout client computer.

Chris

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread