+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Liliy Allen has a go at older artists in General; Originally Posted by localzuk Well, Lilly Allen is talented and gorgeous... So no, the bashing shouldn't continue! Aye, if you ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by localzuk View Post
    Well, Lilly Allen is talented and gorgeous... So no, the bashing shouldn't continue!
    Aye, if you dont mid a lass with a bigger gut than breasts

NSFW

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,611 Times in 2,019 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Aye, if you dont mid a lass with a bigger gut than breasts

NSFW
    First, she is bending over, second, I happen to think a small belly is attractive - it shows the woman is real and not just a photoshopped model... So, yes, I still think she's gorgeous

Thank Post
    First, she is bending over, second, I happen to think a small belly is attractive - it shows the woman is real and not just a photoshopped model... So, yes, I still think she's gorgeous
    Small?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,579 Times in 1,795 Posts
    Oh for goodness sake shut up you lot - the OP wasnt talking about the way she looks and frankly I don't want to hear this sort of juvenile rubbish.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Oh for goodness sake shut up you lot - the OP wasnt talking about the way she looks and frankly I don't want to hear this sort of juvenile rubbish.
    The only response to such a comment has been repeated many times on this site - if you don't want to hear such things, don't read them. Simple really. None of us have to justify ourselves for our comments, if you don't like them, so be it. A discussion has been had about copyright, the same old arguments are brought out about it and we end up in the same non-conclusion as has happened on every site across the web that has similar discussions - both sides can't come to any agreement.

What some of us try to do is segway the conversation into something else simply to prevent the discussion becoming the inevitable flamewar. So people lose interest rather than people getting upset.

Thank Post
    Thank you localzuk, and since when is sexually juvenile?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 625 Posts
    This sums it up for me:
    [ Warning - there is one rude word in it ]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL9-esIM2CY"]YouTube - Dan Bull - Dear Lily[/ame]

Thank Post
    The only response to such a comment has been repeated many times on this site - if you don't want to hear such things, don't read them. Simple really. None of us have to justify ourselves for our comments, if you don't like them, so be it. A discussion has been had about copyright, the same old arguments are brought out about it and we end up in the same non-conclusion as has happened on every site across the web that has similar discussions - both sides can't come to any agreement.

What some of us try to do is segway the conversation into something else simply to prevent the discussion becoming the inevitable flamewar. So people lose interest rather than people getting upset.
    Maybe, but commenting on someone's looks when the OP wasn't anything to do with it is a bit of an odd segue to me. OK, I know that young men make comments about the way women look but it isn't the sort of thing I (and no doubt the other females on this site) really want to read about. You are perhaps just starting another flame war - and you said that people would lose interest rather than getting upset - well, not if they are female they won't!

Can I ask - how do I find out that I find a comment offensive without reading it?
    Last edited by witch; 26th September 2009 at 09:05 PM.

Thank Post
    usual suspects taking stuff too seriously. quel suprise.

She is fit though.

Thank Post
    Maybe, but commenting on someone's looks when the OP wasn't anything to do with it is a bit of an odd segue to me. OK, I know that young men make comments about the way women look but it isn't the sort of thing I (and no doubt the other females on this site) really want to read about. You are perhaps just starting another flame war - and you said that people would lose interest rather than getting upset - well, not if they are female they won't!

Can I ask - how do I find out that I find a comment offensive without reading it?
    lmao Feeling abit insecure about something? Sorry love but thats not our fault, and i really dont see how you are in a position to speak for all women.
    Last edited by j17sparky; 26th September 2009 at 09:48 PM.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Sorry but since when are comments about finding someone attractive offensive? Sexuality is never an offensive thing to me, and I find it offensive when people try to suppress such discussions. One of the things about feminism is getting past the idea that such things can't be talked about!

Also, an important part of our society is that it is not wrong to be offensive - there are no laws against such things for example.

So, the way people deal with offensive things is to either ignore them, or to make noise about it. You've decided to make noise about it, and I've responded pointing out how pointless that is.

If you find discussions about women's looks offensive that's up to you, but there is no need to take that out on us.

Thank Post
    Oh please, now who's getting all serious?
    My original point was that the thread wasn't about Lily Allen's looks, but rather about what she said- and it was a bit sad that you drifted off into personal remarks when the discussion was on a different point all together.
    Comments on her attractiveness are one thing,and are not a problem at all, but picking her up on minor 'figure-faults' is what irritated me - unless of course you lot are perfect looking?
    As for being insecure about anything - don't think so.
    I didn't speak for all women either
    I obviously didnt explain myself properly and for that I apologise

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 1,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    lol well shes fitter than you dude lol
    That's not exactly hard to beat lol, no offence to Domino

My original point was that the thread wasn't about Lily Allen's looks, but rather about what she said- and it was a bit sad that you drifted off into personal remarks when the discussion was on a different point all together.
    Comments on her attractiveness are one thing,and are not a problem at all, but picking her up on minor 'figure-faults' is what irritated me - unless of course you lot are perfect looking?
    Of course we are all perfect looking - thats one of the requirements to be a member of edugeek !!!

Just Kidding !!!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I can see your point - saying she is bad looking is a bit harsh (or pointing any particular aspect of her body as to why), but that's the thing - it's just an opinion. Everyone finds different people attractive, for different reasons. Why is it wrong to discuss that?

As you rightly say, we're not perfect looking (there is no such thing, as it is subjective. For example, i'm sure someone found Stalin attractive, regardless of his square head). Doesn't stop people making comments though.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    So you have never recorded a CD/record/radio to tape, ripped a CD to MP3, or borrowed a mates album to have a listen before you buy it?
    I've ripped CDs to my own MP3, and that's it. I have never downloaded music that I haven't paid for, never downloaded a game or software which I didn't have the appropriate license for, and never downloaded a pirated eBook.

So yes, I can actually take a moral stance here.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast