+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
General Chat Thread, If you quit IT... in General; Hmmm.... I'd love to get into Photography better. Or maybe web design. What i'd really like to do is work ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Hmmm....

I'd love to get into Photography better. Or maybe web design.

What i'd really like to do is work with animals. I've always said if i won the lottery i would open an animal sanctuary...love animals.

Thank Post
    I think I'd like to be a hermit.
    In a wood.
    ?:-/

Thank Post
    Modelling.

Only kidding! If I wasn't programming I'd probably be doing professional photography or audio engineering.

Thank Post
    It's a question I've thought long and hard about previously.

I agree with someone earlier on the coach driver job - would definately love to do that one day (not sure why, just always wanted to lol!). National Express or private tours would be cool!

Apart from that, possibly do what I do now but in Europe - maybe France or Spain. I think anywhere where the Government don't steal so much from you while giving you so little back. (Sorry, I know that's not technically quiting IT, but it's quiting the bad aspect of IT + School + UK way of working!)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    I still want to go and do techy stuff in a theatre, I love all that stuff (hence my love of west end shows, love the show but also spend the time counting the lights and working out the rigging etc). Love sound and AV stuff so that would be good. Also would probably enjoy some form of forensics, I enjoy a good problem to get stuck into so that maybe a good one, not wanting dead bodies and stuff, but the one that does finger printing, ballistics, electronical digging such as searching hard drives etc...

I won't be in IT forever I don't expect so the theatre is calling me I suspect.....

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    @John

Strange as my life could of gone two ways IT or Theatre Tech (I did loads of it when I was in school etc) but went IT route. MY borther on otherhand has gone theatre tech route...

Russ

Thank Post
    I was actually pondering this over the last 7 - 8 weeks. I was so fed up with bashing my head against stuff that just refused to work. I thought there has to be something else more full-filling.

I would love to be a surgeon. If i had the cash to burn i would try to put myself through med school and perhaps GCSEs, a level, degree before that .

I also thought fireman as well. I am quite an active person although i don't do any fitness or nothing. I can't do stuff for doings sake like that. There needs to be a reason (i suppose health would be one).

Its just age that concerns me (I'm 31). I didn't do too well at school and so would perhaps need to resit for most things. Make me think maybe i am lucky to be where i am currently

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    @ Russ we really should talk more, but we always seem to end up at opposite ends of conference rooms, sides of restaurants etc

Thank Post
    I guess I may have a stab at the professional racing driver line... perhaps a mega subscription to iRacing and praying I get picked for some odd virtual-real-life transition...

I've got another few years before BSF comes along and I need to consider it...

perhaps a more realistic alternative would be a taxi driver... but maybe all that driving would destroy my admiration and enjoyment of driving - especially in the rain.

Thank Post
    I've always seriously wanted to move into films. I know people say alot of it is boring, but it just makes me have butterflies thinking about it. Weird eh.

Saying that, Gawd knows what I'd do in that industry. A bit of everything I guess.

I did not realise so many of you where seriuosly condsidering changing careers though. I'm amazed.

Thank Post
    Musician, back to playing guitar
    zero stress, plenty of larger, staying out all night, kebabs and loads a girls......

almost jacked in this week

or a tree

stevef1

Thank Post
    I have just picked up on a few things in this thread, somone said about wanting to be a paramedic, check with your local Ambulance Trust, alot are crying out for paramedics.

Also someone said about been a firefighter, do you live near a fire station, if so it may be retained, also do you work near one, they may be stuggling for cover especially during the day, want to do it and keep your job, drop me a PM with where abouts you are located I can check and put you in touch with the right people.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,723 Times in 1,488 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I would train to become a commercial airline Pilot. It is something i want to do but cant afford

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thinking about this some more and I'm pretty sure I'll never leave IT. Actually really enjoy this job, don't think I'd be good at anything else.

What I do want to do is travel more. I plan to progress in IT (read get paid more) to fund (probably) cycling and camping holidays around the globe

If my numbers ever came up then I would finally jack in IT and just travel the world - a vagabond multimillionaire...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Thinking about this some more and I'm pretty sure I'll never leave IT.
    If I had the chance I'd stop it tomorrow - I have never worked is such a boring and brain numbing industry. It bores the living pants of me - the only reason I am in it was because of I sort of fell into it. I have quite good qualifications - [ not that they mean much now as they are quite old ] in other departments and when I inform other people they are quite confused as why I do what I do. Still that's life.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast