+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Daily/Weekly Jobs in General; Do you guys and gals have a check sheet of daily/weeky/monthly jobs. I am currently formulating one but as is ...
    Thank Post

Daily/Weekly Jobs

Do you guys and gals have a check sheet of daily/weeky/monthly jobs.

I am currently formulating one but as is always the case i am getting brain freeze

i have attached what i have so far

we will be moving to a help desk system but as my predecessor (i was promoted last friday ) never enforced one it will be a chore. so whilst we get over the massive work load left for us we will be using a tick chart and white board.

anything else i have missed or even great new ideas you wish to share?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Thank Post
    Securus is only checked once weekly? I'd personally try to do that more often.

Check with departments current problems/help/requests
    How will this work, you're going to talk to each department and see what they want/have issues with? I'd try to push for a central system for reporting issues as it'll be better in the long run.

Thank Post
    At present the department has a black cloud over us due to inproper management from before the summer, so i want to get us out there and be seen.

at preset securus isnt even set up, i went on the course at the start of summer, and wasnt in over most of summer, its on a list of jobs. i was told by the ppl at county that checking it is not the job of it support but the job of the slt, although i have bin told this is not going to happen.

any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    Securus is only checked once weekly? I'd personally try to do that more often.

How will this work, you're going to talk to each department and see what they want/have issues with? I'd try to push for a central system for reporting issues as it'll be better in the long run.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Edu-IT View Post
    I would recommend this to, we just have one email address that everybody emails, which goes through to our helpdesk software Spiceworks, is really easy to set up, either using POP3 of IMAP, and its free! all you have to do is put up with the adverts, which are not that bad anyway. also another thing we have done here to manage supplies is install Inflow Inventory which has made the whole process of stock control so much easier, as you don't have to go through all sorts of hassel when trying to find out where the stock has gone.

And that black cloud thing, i know where you are coming from, it takes a lot of hard work but you will get there in the end! we had that last year with a really slow network that took anything between 20 and 45 mins to log in!! using very old failing hardware!

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,425 Times in 1,775 Posts
    I would have WSUS checking/admin and Symantec (or whatever AV you use) checking on there as well...

Thank Post
    I used to check the ICT suites once a day and try and get to every room in the school once a week.

Thank Post
    we use GLPI as our helpdesk its actually really good, and it has an inventory for tracking toner/printers and a section to loan out equipment, if you link it with fusionInventory it will automatically scan the network and retrieve network devices to add to the inventory.

currently i have

GLPI + fusionInventory
    Spiceworks,

i installed Spiceworks before i had fusionInventory and just like to keep both as Spiceworks is better at some things, although i wouldnt use the spiceworks helpdesk(didnt find it any good)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread