+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Google broken? in General; Getting the warning that my search query looks like an automated request from a computer virus or spy ware application... ...
    theeldergeek

Google broken?

Getting the warning that my search query looks like an automated request from a computer virus or spy ware application...

Been like this most of the morning; anyone else getting it?

Thank Post
    That tends to happen when Google flags your RBC as up to no good. I think I read somewhere a while back that Google won't register RBC's as ISP's and when they get so many requests all of a sudden it looks like something fishy so they lock the service to that IP address. Unfortunately, all of your schools, and other schools networks will be going through that IP address. Rather annoying I know, but it soon sorts itself out usually.

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by SC-UK View Post
    That tends to happen when Google flags your RBC as up to no good. I think I read somewhere a while back that Google won't register RBC's as ISP's and when they get so many requests all of a sudden it looks like something fishy so they lock the service to that IP address. Unfortunately, all of your schools, and other schools networks will be going through that IP address. Rather annoying I know, but it soon sorts itself out usually.

RBC? That being...

Thank Post
    Sorry, your LEA's network connection.

Thank Post
    Not quite the same - but related to google.

I've noticed that the font and text size where I enter my search criteria have changed. This happened a couple of days ago and it's the same whether I go to google.co.uk or one of the other country specific google home pages. I've not done anything with my MS Word fonts etc. I'm using XP Pro SP3 which is fully patched. AVG doesn't report anything unusual.

Is it something which google have done to make the search criteria easier to read?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,745 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignatius View Post
    Not quite the same - but related to google.

I've noticed that the font and text size where I enter my search criteria have changed. This happened a couple of days ago and it's the same whether I go to google.co.uk or one of the other country specific google home pages. I've not done anything with my MS Word fonts etc. I'm using XP Pro SP3 which is fully patched. AVG doesn't report anything unusual.

Is it something which google have done to make the search criteria easier to read?
    It's to make it easier to read: Google Changed
    Last edited by elsiegee40; 11th September 2009 at 12:28 PM.

Thank Post
    The fact that the google font size thread was started last night (and I haven't got to it yet!) gives me some sort of apology for posting about this "feature" in this thread

Thanks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread