As I understand it, the £65 fee is waived if you're a volunteer, but if you're an employee it needs paid either by your employer or yourself. I can imagine which one it will be!

(But here's an interesting one; outwith school I'm on a local committee for which I'll need to have it, so I suppose I could do that and then use that within school).