+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, 9/11 in General; Did anyone see the program on Channel 4 last night about 9/11 where they put original footage on a timeline? ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

9/11

Did anyone see the program on Channel 4 last night about 9/11 where they put original footage on a timeline?

No commenary - such sounds and images from the day.

Very moving and powerful. Even after all this time it was still very upsetting. I cannot even begin to imagine.

As with all major disasters everyone probably remembers where they were at that time. I was in school as a young ICT teacher about to sit through a two hour course. Instead we spend the time watching the news and trying to access the very slow BBC website (at the time).

Did anybody know anyone in the Towers?

GJE

Thank Post
    I was in an IT lesson; mass exodus to the library as there wasn't much to be had on streaming over a small pipe.

Thank Post
    I was in a lecture at college. Watched about 2 minutes last night, but had to turn it off.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    I was taking my oldest to hospital as he suffered Kidney Failure that day. Then spent the next 6 months staying in hospital with him. So that whole event sort of washed over me.
    Last edited by mattx; 8th September 2009 at 01:26 PM.

Thank Post
    It was truly amazing and very moving.
    How bad must it of been up there for people to jump?
    That was the hardest part to watch.
    The parts that stuck with me was watching the fireman watch someone fall and his reaction as they landed (I'm sure it was a she as I thought I could hear her scream as she fell), the molten metal pouring from the side of the building and then the dust cloud rolling down the streets as people filmed from their apartments and then being engulfed in total darkness.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,358 Times in 748 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I couldn't watch it. Too upsetting.

Thank Post
    I hope your eldest is ok now Mattx?

I was driving home, R4 was on when I started but I had travelled around 400m or so before I thought "What!!!" I got home, switched on the TV as the tower started to collapse.

I didn't watch the programme because it was would have been too distressing, especially hearing phone calls to loved ones.

Thank Post
    One of my dads friend had a office in the World Trade Centre back in 1999

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,070 Times in 626 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    I hope your eldest is ok now Mattx?
    Golly yes, it was touch and go at one stage at he also developed Septicemia but he was transferred to GOSH and got amazing treatment - after his first op to save one of the kidneys I actually gave the surgen a hug !!
    He now has one working kidney, which is something - he had a few more ops after his first one but now he is fine.
    It was a hard time as my youngest had only just been born so my wife was looking after him whilst I was looking after my oldest. My old place of employment were also fantastic - [ Safeway Stores Head Office ] - they stated don't come back to work until you are ready and all is well and they paid me full wages for the entire time I was off.
    With support like that you appreciate things more plus you get to see the excellent NHS service is full swing - amazing what they did, just incredible.
    Last edited by mattx; 8th September 2009 at 02:37 PM.

Thank Post

pull

I watched it all an office in central London where I had been working on a PS2 game about building demolition for the last 18months, I stayed for a few hours to watch it unfold on TV all while everyone else just went home... the net was just about usable after they (and most of London) all left!

Saw the programe last night, but I've seen most of the footage (and more) before... Although I hadn't seen the footage of the single secret service agent inside a dusty but undamaged WTC7 lobby.

Thank Post
    I was working for the police at the time of the terrible incident. It was manic. Security went through the roof, but was a very somber sort of atmosphere.

Thank Post
    I still think the 9/11 documentary the 2 french brothers had done about the rookie firefighter was probably the best documentary ever aired on TV.

Like theblacksheep said, i was suprised about the 'secret service' agent in WTC 7. He definately looked fairly clean considering all the dust around him. suppose he was in a cleaner part of the building, definatlety 1 to back the claims for the conspiracy theories.

I had been helping out over the summer hols and was covering for 2 weeks at where i now work while the network manager was on paternity leave, found out on MSN and was laughing at the peson telling me as i thought he was joking.

Also watched UA flight97? for the 1st time on sunday night and you can easily see and start to understand why it happened as what was happening was far far bigger than anyone had experienced before. The naivety of the traffic controllers when they assumed the plane was just turning around to land at either of the NYC airports.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I caught the last 20 minutes or so of it. Very good programme, and the original footage had been put together well.

Can't begin to imagine what it must have felt like for the people on the ground there and then - scary stuff.

I was at school (as a student) that day, and remembered seeing footage of it on the TV when I got home; although the grandeur of the event didn't seem to register at the time.

Thank Post
    I think of all the "conspiracy theories", the 9/11 is the most disgusting.

@ the back of my server racks farting.....
    Thank Post
    I watched Flight 93 the other night - it was really horrible to watch that, you cant imagine what would of been going through there minds, it was a little upseting I must admit.

It makes me so angry the horrible people we have in this world!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information