+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 35
General Chat Thread, Yahooooo!!! I'm Engaged!!! in General; na thats on hold mate. god I keep punching the air with excitement!!...
  1. #16
    PEO
    PEO is offline
    PEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,095
    Thank Post
    457
    Thanked 152 Times in 96 Posts
    Rep Power
    72
    na thats on hold mate. god I keep punching the air with excitement!!
    Last edited by PEO; 31st August 2009 at 10:56 PM.

  2. #17

    FN-GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    16,054
    Thank Post
    888
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 1,492 Posts
    Blog Entries
    12
    Rep Power
    454
    Congrats

  3. Thanks to FN-GM from:

    PEO (1st September 2009)

  4. #18


    tom_newton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    4,475
    Thank Post
    866
    Thanked 850 Times in 672 Posts
    Rep Power
    196
    Congrats fella! Just make sure you don't leave it too long to tie the knot - I'm due to get married in a shade under 4 weeks, and the bit between getting engaged and married is... stressful. But don't let my better half hear me say that

  5. Thanks to tom_newton from:

    PEO (1st September 2009)

  6. #19
    jack0w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    123
    Thank Post
    12
    Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    Rep Power
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by PEO View Post
    I'm bloody chuffed to bits... its a feeling that will take some getting used to. Me and Di where born on the same day, same age so we plan on the year we turn 30, which is 2011, so plenty of time to save and I will be inviting peeps from edugeek Phoned my best freind Chris tonight and I felt like bursting in to tears when he said Yes to be my best man. Not wasting any time to make sure its the best day of our lives. I have plenty of money put away for the sports car but... its going towards somthing I will enjoy for ever.
    Thats bizzare My girlfriend and I also share the same birthday, same age too! who's older? you or her I'm a toyboy - by all of 6 hours!

  7. Thanks to jack0w from:

    PEO (1st September 2009)

  8. #20

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Worthing, West Sussex
    Posts
    868
    Thank Post
    19
    Thanked 74 Times in 69 Posts
    Rep Power
    34
    Congratulations!

    I'm hoping not to be too far behind you

  9. Thanks to crc-ict from:

    PEO (1st September 2009)

  10. #21
    PEO
    PEO is offline
    PEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,095
    Thank Post
    457
    Thanked 152 Times in 96 Posts
    Rep Power
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by jack0w View Post
    Thats bizzare My girlfriend and I also share the same birthday, same age too! who's older? you or her I'm a toyboy - by all of 6 hours!
    Im the toyboy, by 7 hours

  11. #22
    PEO
    PEO is offline
    PEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,095
    Thank Post
    457
    Thanked 152 Times in 96 Posts
    Rep Power
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_newton View Post
    Congrats fella! Just make sure you don't leave it too long to tie the knot - I'm due to get married in a shade under 4 weeks, and the bit between getting engaged and married is... stressful. But don't let my better half hear me say that
    I'm going to just relax and let it sink in a little... its a great feeling.

  12. #23

    sparkeh's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    6,804
    Thank Post
    1,298
    Thanked 1,659 Times in 1,112 Posts
    Blog Entries
    22
    Rep Power
    507
    Congrats! Thats great news!

    I'm in the middle of planning a wedding, so feel free ask anything as it can be a bit daunting at the start, but good fun when you get into it

  13. Thanks to sparkeh from:

    PEO (1st September 2009)

  14. #24

    plexer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    13,725
    Thank Post
    667
    Thanked 1,638 Times in 1,463 Posts
    Rep Power
    424
    Well done.

    Is EduGod going to preside over the service?

    Ben

  15. Thanks to plexer from:

    PEO (1st September 2009)

  16. #25


    tom_newton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    4,475
    Thank Post
    866
    Thanked 850 Times in 672 Posts
    Rep Power
    196
    Bit early for you yet, but I bought this: Perfect Table Plan software yesterday and it immediately restored wife-to-be's sanity t almost-normal levels. She had been attempting to draw table plans in Word. Yik. Would suggest it is 20 quid worth spending early doors, as it seems to handle guest-list-management (which we achieved with some of Amy's magic in Excel - she is shed loads better than me at office).

    On the age subject.. Amy is 18 months younger than I am - so she won't be quite 30 yet when she's married, but I will be nearly 31 - this seems important to some members of the population?!

  17. Thanks to tom_newton from:

    PEO (1st September 2009)

  18. #26
    PEO
    PEO is offline
    PEO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    2,095
    Thank Post
    457
    Thanked 152 Times in 96 Posts
    Rep Power
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_newton View Post
    Bit early for you yet, but I bought this: Perfect Table Plan software yesterday and it immediately restored wife-to-be's sanity t almost-normal levels. She had been attempting to draw table plans in Word. Yik. Would suggest it is 20 quid worth spending early doors, as it seems to handle guest-list-management (which we achieved with some of Amy's magic in Excel - she is shed loads better than me at office).

    On the age subject.. Amy is 18 months younger than I am - so she won't be quite 30 yet when she's married, but I will be nearly 31 - this seems important to some members of the population?!
    I did the table plan for my mothers wedding couple of year ago and its was a nightmare doing it in Publisher... Thanks for the heads up on the software...

    New folder created in my Favourites 'The Wedding'

  19. #27


    tom_newton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Leeds
    Posts
    4,475
    Thank Post
    866
    Thanked 850 Times in 672 Posts
    Rep Power
    196
    Quote Originally Posted by PEO View Post
    I did the table plan for my mothers wedding couple of year ago and its was a nightmare doing it in Publisher... Thanks for the heads up on the software...

    New folder created in my Favourites 'The Wedding'
    I dare you.. rename the folder "The first wedding" or worse still "Wedding 3", see how long it takes to get noticed

  20. #28

    witch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Dorset
    Posts
    11,385
    Thank Post
    1,402
    Thanked 2,422 Times in 1,699 Posts
    Rep Power
    711
    Awwww...that's SO sweet
    (gets misty at the romance of it all)

    Congratulations!

  21. Thanks to witch from:

    PEO (2nd September 2009)

  22. #29
    contink's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South Yorkshire
    Posts
    3,791
    Thank Post
    303
    Thanked 327 Times in 233 Posts
    Rep Power
    118
    Quote Originally Posted by tom_newton View Post
    I dare you.. rename the folder "The first wedding" or worse still "Wedding 3", see how long it takes to get noticed
    Tom... he's like to actually GET married... Now behave or your boss, I mean wife to be will get to see your comments in this thread (and yes I've already taken a screenie so there's no point in editing it now!).

    @PEO: Congrats mate... I have but one word of advice... Pick your battles.. I got all hung up on it being our wedding and was a bit peeved when my choices on flowers and table decor got nixed.. Some things just aren't worth arguing about and although I'll admit this only under torture, she was right about the flowers and decor so it worked out well

    Best of luck...

  23. Thanks to contink from:

    PEO (2nd September 2009)

  24. #30

    russdev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Leicestershire
    Posts
    6,930
    Thank Post
    709
    Thanked 552 Times in 367 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3
    Rep Power
    204
    Congrats

    Well one good thing if me and L did every tie the knot is that she use to create table plans (in publisher) for living. She use to do whole lot plans, name cards etc etc as she use to work in a hotel.

    Russ

  25. Thanks to russdev from:

    PEO (2nd September 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •