+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Pioneer VSX-918V in General; AAARRRGGGGGG, School bought the Pioneer VSX-918V to be able to input a WII, Xbox 360, and a DVD player onto ...
    Thank Post

Pioneer VSX-918V

AAARRRGGGGGG, School bought the Pioneer VSX-918V to be able to input a WII, Xbox 360, and a DVD player onto a 60inch monitor.

Firstly - ive managed to get the Xbox to play through the TV HDMI - DVI, but can't get it to go through the Switcher HDMI - HDMI then output HDMI - DVI, the TV doesn't recognise its there.

Second - There is only 2 VGA inputs, and one DVI input on the Monitor, So i though ok plug in the WII into the component inputs on the switcher, and take the output from the HDMI - DVI, nah that doesn't work. if you put the input in as component output has to be component, if input is HDMI output has to be HDMI, AAAAARRRRRGGGGG what am i going to do.

Oh well Coffee time

Thank Post
    I've just been reading the manual. Indeed there is no conversion between the inputs. It wasn't very expensive though was it? this is the first clue to know if it will convert other inputs to hdmi

Thank Post
    It was here wen i started the job 3 weeks ago. but it's about 300.00 i think. but surely the Xbox should work on the HDMI but it doesn't, like i said it works fine HDMI - DVI, but not HDMI - HDMI - Video splitter - HDMI - DVI, its as if they aren't compatible. Just tried a DVD player on it aswell and doesn't work, starting to wonder if we have a faulty unit.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmc View Post
    It was here wen i started the job 3 weeks ago. but it's about 300.00 i think. but surely the Xbox should work on the HDMI but it doesn't, like i said it works fine HDMI - DVI, but not HDMI - HDMI - Video splitter - HDMI - DVI, its as if they aren't compatible. Just tried a DVD player on it aswell and doesn't work, starting to wonder if we have a faulty unit.
    Hi Neilmc,

I believe we provided that unit for your school,

I think from sound of it there must be a fault for which I will look at getting the unit replaced for you asap,

Simon

5. Thanks to CPLTD from:

neilmc (17th August 2009)

Thank Post
    Excellent, that would be great cheers Simon

7. Thanks to neilmc from:

CPLTD (17th August 2009)

SPC
    Thank Post

Cool

What a Excellent school. I can't believe the school has X-Box Wii.. it only needs a PS3 for the line up and... oh I am sooo jealous...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by SPC View Post
    What a Excellent school. I can't believe the school has X-Box Wii.. it only needs a PS3 for the line up and... oh I am sooo jealous...
    what do you think id be doing on a lunch time if i had them working, and if they had any games worth playing

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information