+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Supply2.gov.uk in General; Has anybody used the Lower-value Contract Opportunities - Public Contract Bidding - Lower-value Contract Opportunities - Tender Opportunity Portal website ...
    Thank Post

Supply2.gov.uk

Has anybody used the Lower-value Contract Opportunities - Public Contract Bidding - Lower-value Contract Opportunities - Tender Opportunity Portal website for procurement? It's run by the Department for Business, Innovation and Skills, and seems to be designed to help connect public sector low-value tenders to potential suppliers.

Seems to be a useful way to get out of the "find 3 suppliers" problem, but in a Government-sponsored way (Hence the .gov.uk domain).

Whilst it sounds like a good idea, that's only if anybody is using it?

Thank Post
    I've not used it but it sounds similar to the online schoolquote site that was shown at the last edugeek conference although I don't think I have heard anymore about it since then.

Thank Post
    Great idea, tender contracts have always been a good way of promoting competition and pricing.

I would find it amusing seeing x amount of education suppliers fighting over a tender for a new ICT suite, and you'd be surprised how close they'd get to their profit margins to actually win the tender.

It does mean more business for the more established companies that can offer discounts, price reductions without negative profit, smaller companies are either going to have to provide something else, maybe warranty, support, peace of mind, installation, pricing etc.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    I've not used it but it sounds similar to the online schoolquote site that was shown at the last edugeek conference although I don't think I have heard anymore about it since then.
    I think the difference between this and schoolquote, is that it is a govt. initiative and funded(?) by Dept BIS

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rayfleming View Post
    I think the difference between this and schoolquote, is that it is a govt. initiative and funded(?) by Dept BIS
    we are members/suppliers on suppy.gov and have to say we think its crap hardly anybody uses it.

6. Thanks to CPLTD from:

rayfleming (12th August 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by CPLTD View Post
    we are members/suppliers on suppy.gov and have to say we think its crap hardly anybody uses it.
    I wonder if hardly anybody uses it as nobody knows about it. I must admit I hadn't heard about it until Ray posted the above.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sylv3r View Post
    I wonder if hardly anybody uses it as nobody knows about it. I must admit I hadn't heard about it until Ray posted the above.
    then its says alot about its marketing division , as a supplier we need any marketing we do to have a return on investment,

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread