+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
General Chat Thread, Manchester "End of Summer" get together in General; Just wanted to say, the event occurred, just the 4 of us: Myself Ric FN-GM (arriving "fashionably" late ) beeswax ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Just wanted to say, the event occurred, just the 4 of us:
    Myself
    Ric
    FN-GM (arriving "fashionably" late )
    beeswax

Was a very nice evening, time flew by was nice to meet you beeswax I hope to see you again at some more events. Whilst Ric and Beeswax headed for the trains (as the are all at funny times) myself and FN-GM went off to a nice Chinese for food - The Rice Bowl which was lovely food and excellent service! then we both headed off back home.

A lovely way to end, well nearly end, the summer holiday.

Would be good for us to plan, with more planning, an Edu-Christmas event perhaps??

2. Thanks to john from:

beeswax (30th August 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yeah i was pretty gutted i couldn't make it, but by the time i would of got there it would of been just 2/3 hours and then i would of had to go get the train.. and tbh they wern't very cheap so overall pretty gutted!

Looks like i will have to meet you at the next event Beeswax :-)

EduChristmas Event Sounds Good!

James.

4. Thanks to EduTech from:

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,729 Times in 1,492 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Myself
    Ric
    beeswax

Was a very nice evening, time flew by was nice to meet you beeswax I hope to see you again at some more events. Whilst Ric and Beeswax headed for the trains (as the are all at funny times) myself and FN-GM went off to a nice Chinese for food - The Rice Bowl which was lovely food and excellent service! then we both headed off back home.

Would be good for us to plan, with more planning, an Edu-Christmas event perhaps??
    I was running a little late to begin with. Then got caught in the match traffic at Rochdale. I then thought i was a good idea to drive faster to make the time up and got stopped by the cops for speeding. wasn't my day driving wise

6. Thanks to FN-GM from:

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Myself
    Ric
    beeswax

Thanks for that, John. It was good to meet you too. My journey home wasn't that successful though. The train I was supposed to have left on developed a fault and we all had to get off before it had even left the platform. I was told to go to platform 4, but I obviously made a mistake as I went to platform 9 and 3 quarters, because as I stood there a huge steam engine pulled in with about a dozen Pullman coaches in tow and everyone inside sitting at fancy little dining tables. I'm seriously thinking of joining Zak on the wagon.* I had gone to the wrong platform tho' so crossed the bridge (the one with the big troll underneath it) and got on the waiting train only to be told to go to platform 2 where the train with the fault had been repaired. So rather than getting home at 20:45 it was nearer 22:00.

*I was told that this phrase comes from the days when people were still being executed publicly, and they were generally regarded as family fun days out. As the cart carrying the guards, executioner and his victim left prison to face the axe they would often call in at all the pubs along the way, and they all, except the axeman and the criminal would pop in for a drink or two. In order to do his job the executioner had to keep sober and so had to stay on the wagon.

8. Thanks to beeswax from:

john (14th September 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345