+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Moving back to BT in General; ...
    Thank Post

Moving back to BT

Tell me if you think I知 mad but I知 considering moving back to BT from Virgin Media. After getting my phone bill this month I realised just how much Virgins prices have increased.

So if I move to BT who gives the best deal on broadband? I知 not concerned about speed just a good steady service with pop3 email and webspace.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    if you can get www.bethere.co.uk then I highly recommend them. Great speeds, great support, (theyre in bulgaria but their english is great and theyre a good laugh, and theyve got a forum where they respond to problems within 60 mins) and best of all they have no download caps etc and dont throttle bandwitdh.

If you decide to go for them I can send you a recommendation, which will get you free stuff, and me free stuff too

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jobos View Post
    Tell me if you think I知 mad but I知 considering moving back to BT from Virgin Media. After getting my phone bill this month I realised just how much Virgins prices have increased.

So if I move to BT who gives the best deal on broadband? I知 not concerned about speed just a good steady service with pop3 email and webspace.
    What package are or were you on with virgin media and what broadband speed have you got with them - just curious as am contemplating going with them from bethere but not 100% sure due to traffic shaping etc

Thank Post
    It would have to be plusnet for me if you're not concerned about the speed but want reliability.

I'm with virgin and to be honest we don't use the phone so I guess we don't notice the call costs!

richard_s
    I'm with Tiscali and I find that I don't get any real issues with their broadband. I get the odd drop out at times but it lasts about 30 sec's and then its back to normal. There phone package is pretty good as well.

Thank Post
    I think the thing with ADSL is it's not your provider that causes drop outs, it's the quality of your phone line and your distance from the exchange. This is also what causes speed issues... so it doesn't matter who you go with, if your ADSL is bad then it's likely to stay bad. It's a bit hit and miss really.

Although I too can testify that Tiscali was great when I was with them I can also tell you that my mother in law's Tiscali connection is extremely slow; but they'll never get an improvement on it because they live in a village.

So you could be fine, there's no way of telling... but the grass is always greener on the other side Personally I'm sticking with Virgin.

Thank Post
    A question do you really need a phone line? I know of people that are now getting rid of them due to using their mobiles. If I had the choice I would stick with Virgin BB only and nothing else on the package. If your going back to BT I would also recommned PlusNet.

Thank Post
    I wouldn't touch Tiscali with a barge pole personally.; certainly not until we see what CPW do with them.

If you want decent email and webspace, I'd buy it separate from whichever provider you go with as it makes it easier in the future should you choose to move.

Thank Post
    I'm with BT, always have been, but I am very near the exchange. My ISP is Zen - can't praise them enough, friendly support staff, great service, doesn't cost the earth. But as has already been said, it's down to your line quality really.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post
    if you can get www.bethere.co.uk then I highly recommend them. Great speeds, great support, (theyre in bulgaria but their english is great and theyre a good laugh, and theyve got a forum where they respond to problems within 60 mins) and best of all they have no download caps etc and dont throttle bandwitdh.

If you decide to go for them I can send you a recommendation, which will get you free stuff, and me free stuff too
    I have been with Be for about 2 years now and not had a single problem with them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbieBurns View Post

Bethere looks good. I'll let you know if I go with them.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    What package are or were you on with virgin media and what broadband speed have you got with them - just curious as am contemplating going with them from bethere but not 100% sure due to traffic shaping etc
    We on the L package with 10Mb connection. The line is mostly ok but drops out at peak times.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MatthewL View Post
    A question do you really need a phone line? I know of people that are now getting rid of them due to using their mobiles. If I had the choice I would stick with Virgin BB only and nothing else on the package. If your going back to BT I would also recommned PlusNet.
    So are you saying I can cancel my Virgin phone line but keep the broadband? Now I might be interested in that.

@ the back of my server racks farting.....
    Thank Post
    BT\Virgin are rubblish.

I moved away from BT last year and went over to Sky Talk Unlimited (for 」5 per month) and Sky Line Rental (for 」10 per month).

In total 」15 per month, as many calls as I like, cheap on mobiles, my bills for cheap as anything.

I've just put my mother on Sky Talk Unlimited and Sky Line Rental and her bills are cheap now

PEO
    Thank Post
    been living in this house 2 year... so far virgin have not connected our phone properly to the billing system, so we dont get charged for premium calls. We've been on the phone many times before to tell them but they seem to think everything is ok... just as well really the gf is a big brother fan

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast