+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, EuroStar to Bruges in General; Has anyone booked a EUrostar to Bruges? I've never been on the Eurostar and want to book a mini break ...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

EuroStar to Bruges

Has anyone booked a EUrostar to Bruges? I've never been on the Eurostar and want to book a mini break for my wife and I for February half term.

The website will not let me book that far in advance - but if anyone has any advice on where to stay in Bruges and whether or not to go through an agent or to do everything myself.

Any recomendations for hotels welcome,

Cheers

Gareth

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garethedmondson View Post
    whether or not to go through an agent or to do everything myself?
    I've not been to Bruges (although I was tempted - didn't they have a computer gaming museum there?), but I booked a trip to Paris a few years ago. I think it was through Cresta holidays, but I'm sure I simply booked through the Eurostar website itself. It was a special offer of some kind (which are always on) where you got travel, an upgrade to first class one way (so you get fed breakfast on the way there, which was great) and three nights in a hotel for something like £150 each. The hotel we stayed at was basic but perfectly, decent, did bed and breakfast and was within a few blocks of the station. Very good value, no complaints. This was decidedly off-season, actually between Christmas and New Year, and pretty much the whole of Paris was pretty off (imagine a whole city with a hangover, you get the idea), so going at another time of year might be a bit more pricey.

For things to do in Bruges, go and watch In Bruges on DVD (er, don't go around shooting people, though). Being in Belgium, I'd recommend drinking Belgian beer and eating lots of fries and mussels (the national dish) and Belgian chocolate (although you can cheat and do the same in Richmond, as I found at the weekend).

--
    David Hicks

Thank Post
    If you book a ticket to Brussels you get free onward travel to anywhere in Belgium (including Bruges). You can book hotel and train packages direct from Eurostar plus newspapers such as the times and the independent often have special offers on hotels eg get an extra night free. It would probably take 2 hours London to Brussels then another hour Brussels to Bruges.

Rail Europe book Eurostar to Paris and European train tickets online, TGV, SNCF France, Thalys, Elipsos, Artesia, ICE overnight train tickets online is another good website to book European train tickets.

Bruges travel guide - Wikitravel
    Last edited by somabc; 6th August 2009 at 12:33 AM.

Thank Post
    I went in May - but drove - its only an hour the other side of the tunnel - and having a car gives more flexibility (imho)

Thank Post
    Nice town, plenty to see, good cafes etc etc

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information