+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
General Chat Thread, Want To Get Out Of Your Orange Mobile Contract Early? in General; Thanks for this. Just got out of the remaining 18months of my contract. They did ask me to send the ...
    Thank Post
    Thanks for this.
    Just got out of the remaining 18months of my contract.
    They did ask me to send the phone back but when I pointed out section 14 of the T&C's the bloke admitted I didn't actually have to send it back at all.
    My account will be closed as of tomorrow.
    Last edited by marco84; 30th July 2009 at 11:11 AM.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,469 Times in 1,913 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Well, this is useful! They seem to be having issues with their 150 number now though... First try 'sorry, all our lines are busy, please try again later'. Second try no answer even from the automated voice...

Joy.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,920 Times in 1,419 Posts
    Blog Entries
    try again in half hour

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Done and done. 1 minute phone call. PAC code on its way. New phone and company here I come!

Thank Post
    my gf is currently tring to get this sorted for us but theyre telling her we had to of recieved the txt ??

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevbaz View Post
    my gf is currently tring to get this sorted for us but theyre telling her we had to of recieved the txt ??
    My call went like this...

Me: Hi, i'm calling about a text I received from you a few days ago outlining changes in pricing for internet and out of minutes calls?
    Them: Ok
    Me: I don't think it's very reasonable to put the price of the minimum charge up 300% during the middle of my contract. I never agreed to that. I would like to cancel my contract please.
    Them: Ok sir, we can do that for you. Just to make you aware, you won't often actually hit this charge, as short calls to numbers outside your minutes are rare.
    Me: That's besides the point. It's the principal of the thing, you're changing the contract without my agreement. Can I have my PAC code please?
    Them: Ok that's fine. Your PAC code will be with you in 2 to 4 working days. Please use it within 30 days, and it will cancel your contract once used.

So, the key is to start with that...

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Yep, they're saying the same thing to me, although they could tell me that the texts are being staggered and I should receive mine at the latest on August 6th.

On my tariff 0845 and 0870 numbers are currently 20p a minute, so they're actually going down for me. The rep I spoke to was very helpful, and has said that when I phone up after getting the notification they'll be able to sort out some incentives for me not to leave.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesb View Post
    Yep, they're saying the same thing to me, although they could tell me that the texts are being staggered and I should receive mine at the latest on August 6th.

On my tariff 0845 and 0870 numbers are currently 20p a minute, so they're actually going down for me. The rep I spoke to was very helpful, and has said that when I phone up after getting the notification they'll be able to sort out some incentives for me not to leave.
    They're not going down, they are changing the minimum charge. If you call an 0870 number you get charged a minimum of 5p at the moment, you will soon be charged a minimum of 15p. That's the thing people are complaining about.

Also, their contract states that you can be notified in any way, so if they said about it on the phone then you have been notified - regardless of whether you got the text...

Thank Post
    missus has now been told that the changes are not affecting our contracts... she then spoke to somone else and was told we should recieve texts soon... every person told her something different with the end result of we cant cancel...

elbow know arse dont from their (rearrange at your pleasure)
    Last edited by kevbaz; 31st July 2009 at 10:53 AM.

Thank Post
    ok an update, she spoke to some different again and was told the different contract type is BS so one of the previous oragne reps was talkin out of his are, but he did say we must recieve the text before we can cancel.

has anyone cancelled with out recieving the text?

Thank Post
    ok an update, she spoke to some different again and was told the different contract type is BS so one of the previous oragne reps was talkin out of his are, but he did say we must recieve the text before we can cancel.

has anyone cancelled with out recieving the text?
    If that were me, I'd call them back and refuse to wait. What happens if the staggering takes you over the one month you do have to retract from the contract?

Are Orange purposefully staggering to hold people off cancelling.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ahuxham View Post
    If that were me, I'd call them back and refuse to wait. What happens if the staggering takes you over the one month you do have to retract from the contract?
    It can't. You have one month from receiving notification of changes, so if the text arrives on your phone on the 6th you have until the 6th of the next month.

Are Orange purposefully staggering to hold people off cancelling.
    I suspect they're staggering to avoid all of their customers phoning at the same time, and crashing their switchboard. Or to avoid swamping their SMS system with messages.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 760 Posts
    @jamesb:

I suspect otherwise, they didn't count on people responding so quickly so to combat the losses they are experiencing they have introduced this staggered text messaging so they can come up with an answer which will eliminate some of the losses.

Damage limitation comes to mind and I am waiting for my txt message from them......not.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Just to reiterate what I said earlier - you do *not* have to wait for the text.

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Mobile T&C's
    16.1 We update our Customer Communication from time to time. Information on various topics is mailed to Customers with their monthly billing statements and is available on request from us. You are asked to read your Customer Communications and to keep those which are mailed to you until they are superseded. We regard you as having been given any information if it is either:
    a) included in a mailing addressed to you
    b) by voicemail, email text or other form of electronic message sent by us to your Device
    c) communicated directly by any means.
    If any of the reps you have spoken to have confirmed what you've said etc... then they have 'communicated directly by any other means'.

15. Thanks to localzuk from:

bossman (31st July 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 760 Posts
    @localzuk:

Will give them another ring tonight then, if that is the case and see if they "communicate directly" with me.

Must say she was a right hard nose who I spoke to last night and after exhausting most of what everyone else had told me to say on here I couldn't get anything from this young person except "you will have to wait for a txt message as we are staggering them but you might not get one as you maybe better off after the changes".

I think some of you have just dropped on lucky in who you spoke to.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast