+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Best mobile broadband package in General; Can anyone recommend a decent package for a broadband dongle? I've just moved house and don't have any internet. I'll ...
    Thank Post

Best mobile broadband package

Can anyone recommend a decent package for a broadband dongle? I've just moved house and don't have any internet. I'll probably only do an hour or so a night, just to catch up on mails and forums.

I'm ideally looking for PAYG as I don't want a long term contract, my landlord may put a 'net line in the house in the near future.

TIA.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    I have an Orange Pay Monthly Contract and i get coverage a majority of places i go.. even when i was on the train (Free for the First 3 Months, £15.00 a month there after - Dongle FREE)

I know orange offer a PAYG Service, i'm guessing the service will be the same.. dont know what price is like though.

James.

Thank Post
    Hi,

i had the same thing as you a few months ago, i got a vodaphone pay as you go one, its about £35 from vodaphone shop and came with £15 credit all ready on it,

and its good because unlike other pay as you go ones where you have to put £15 on every 30 days regardless of how little you have used, the vodaphone one you put £15 on and it lasts untill the credit has run out, so it could last you 3 months if your just checking mail for 10 mins every other day

its a bit poor if it only connects to GRPS but 3G and 3G+ are brill ive watched youtube videos with no problems (be warned though watching vids soon makes your credit go down)

You will need to go into the shop for them to check coverage in your area because some places are different, i was originally going to get a o2 one but my area wasnt covered where as vodaphone is full coverage.

Thank Post
    I've got a three one on contract (£5 / month as I already had a three phone) and i've found it to work pretty well. (I am connected using it now!)

It seems that they are all pretty similar, so probably best to just go for whatever one has the best coverage in your area and is the cheapest.

Steve

Thank Post
    I have a t-mobile phone with unlimited (3gb fair usage) internet. 2 birds, 1 phone

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 1,463 Posts
    Blog Entries
    got mine with BT, paid £9.99 for the dongle as a part of my home phone/broadband package, and have unlimited usage as part of my contract. Dont pay any extra, or have any daily caps

Thank Post
    Thanks all, I got an O2 one. The dongle is half price at the moment (£14.67). You have to top it up every month, but get 3Gb for £15, as opposed to 1Gb with Vodafone.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,014 Times in 1,463 Posts
    Blog Entries
    not a bad deal, but i'm sure the one from 3 gives you about 15GB for £15 per month...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread