+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Thieving computer shops in General; ...
    @ the back of my server racks farting.....
    Thank Post
    There are a lot of cow boys and cheeky computer technicians out there who do this sort of thing.

It really angrys me though at the prices these companies charge, for example, PC World - the only reason I ever go in there is too have a good laugh at there prices and repair prices - Im sure they were advertising for Virus Removal @ £100 and Data backup @ £149!!!

I always advise ANYONE who wants to buy a PC, laptop etc etc to stay clear of these places (PC World, Currys, local computer shops)

Too me that is just crazy!!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by IanT View Post
    There are a lot of cow boys and cheeky computer technicians out there who do this sort of thing.

It really angrys me though at the prices these companies charge, for example, PC World - the only reason I ever go in there is too have a good laugh at there prices and repair prices - Im sure they were advertising for Virus Removal @ £100 and Data backup @ £149!!!

I always advise ANYONE who wants to buy a PC, laptop etc etc to stay clear of these places (PC World, Currys, local computer shops)

Too me that is just crazy!!
    I've recently noticed that the guilty parties mentioned above have started selling a lot of refurbished PCs. (At crap prices too)

Thank Post
    nothing surprises me. A friend has a PC with a duff internal modem - took it back to the shop of "experts"..they also gave her the "motherboard" excuse. The looks I got when I laughed and said "bye, I'm taking it".

I do my family's PCs, and I have people "on the books" as it were that I've looked after for years as a hobby that still come back to me.

I've also had my landlady ask...she got charged a couple of hundred for a virus removal. AND lost her data.

Now, I never understand that. I ghost first, then work on removal, and if all else fails I reinstall and then pull the data back from the ghost file using ghost explorer.

I also like PC world etc..the immortal phrase "Can I help you?", followed by "on reflection, I think not."
    Last edited by Sirbendy; 24th July 2009 at 02:29 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12