+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, FREE CCTV Recording Software (IP and/or Webcam) in General; Hi All, I've been meaning to write this for quite some time (not least as I came across this software ...
    Thank Post

FREE CCTV Recording Software (IP and/or Webcam)

Hi All,

I've been meaning to write this for quite some time (not least as I came across this software a few months back, forgot about it, couldn't remember the name when needed it again and couldn't find anything half way near as good until I remembered it again - don't you just hate it when that happens!)

Anyway, back to the point! For those of us that operate CCTV as well as Networks(!), you may have done exactly the same as me and spent hours and hours looking for half decent CCTV recording software. I searched and searched, and eventually stuck with the Axis software which they were selling at the time.

If you want a more scalable, configurable, and FREE bit of software, I urge you to try this:
    http://www.brooksyounce.com/soft/mjpeg.htm

I can't speak highly enough about this product. It's amazing - the guy who made this should really be selling or accepting donations (maybe he is, but I haven't noticed!). I've connected Axis 205, 206 and 207 to it as well as a philips cam and strange japanese ip cam, but it also supports webcams and other stuff.

I hope someone on here finds it as useful as me!

Good deed for the day done! Night all!

2. 5 Thanks to mb2k01:

EduTech (21st July 2009), stevenlong1985 (5th January 2011), strawberry (10th February 2011), tmcd35 (21st July 2009), Zoom7000 (21st July 2009)

Thank Post
    As always, I realise I should check details before posting!
    There is indeed a donate section on his site. There are also a load of other potentially useful apps that I never noticed before. http://www.brooksyounce.com/

By the way - I'm in no way connected with guy - just amazed by the one bit of software I found!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Nice Find... Many Thanks

I also use the Axis Software at the moment, but always up for something thats free!!

James.

Thank Post
    I'm still using Axis Camera Recorder (the old defunct software) in the office, but testing this new software at the same time. The main benefit is the fact it records straight to mjpeg video - so no lengthly video saving, and file sizes are good too.

Thanks for the "thanks" guys

Thank Post

URL

Can you be so kind to check the url or send me another one to download and test this software?

Quote Originally Posted by mb2k01 View Post
    Hi All,

I've been meaning to write this for quite some time (not least as I came across this software a few months back, forgot about it, couldn't remember the name when needed it again and couldn't find anything half way near as good until I remembered it again - don't you just hate it when that happens!)

Anyway, back to the point! For those of us that operate CCTV as well as Networks(!), you may have done exactly the same as me and spent hours and hours looking for half decent CCTV recording software. I searched and searched, and eventually stuck with the Axis software which they were selling at the time.

If you want a more scalable, configurable, and FREE bit of software, I urge you to try this:

I can't speak highly enough about this product. It's amazing - the guy who made this should really be selling or accepting donations (maybe he is, but I haven't noticed!). I've connected Axis 205, 206 and 207 to it as well as a philips cam and strange japanese ip cam, but it also supports webcams and other stuff.

I hope someone on here finds it as useful as me!

Good deed for the day done! Night all!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,567 Times in 1,407 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamalier View Post
    Can you be so kind to check the url or send me another one to download and test this software?
    Sorry to say it now appears to be dead look at milestones free offering instead.

Ben

Thank Post
    I am in the process of looking for recording software and found this thread. Sounds interesting, so I researched.

Apparently, the new URL for this software (I have no connection to this) is http://brooks-younce-software.software.informer.com.

I will be looking into this to see if it is useful.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread