Chatham South School, in partnership with RM have organised a FITS (Framework for ICT Technical Support) Workshop to take place at Chatham South School on Tuesday 11 August 2009.
Details of this event can be found below:
Course: Becta FITS Workshop
Venue: Chatham South School, Letchworth Avenue, CHATHAM, Kent, ME4 6NT
Duration: 1 day
Dates: 11 August 2009, 9.30 – 16.30
Closing Date: Monday 27 July 2009[/quote]
Delegates attending this workshop should be involved in ICT management or day-to-day technical support in schools and should possess a good awareness of the establishment's current ICT situation and requirements.
To ensure effective and manageable implementation of FITS through the provision of
a) A greater understanding of the FITS processes, and
b) A personalised action plan detailing the methods for optimum implementation in a particular establishment.
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
• Understand the FITS processes in detail.
• Review the schools current ICT position, identifying and detailing known process issues.
• Understand the school's ICT strengths and weaknesses, and take advantage of opportunities and threats.
• Adapt and adopt the FITS processes to fit the schools individual resources and needs.
• Determine where to start FITS implementation for optimum effectiveness.
• Develop effective implementation and action plans.
• Identify quick wins and priorities to promote the best use of time and support fast results.
• Use appropriate tools to assist the implementation and management of FITS processes.
• The FITS processes.
• Employing exercises to aid effective review of the schools current ICT position.
• Identifying where processes similar to those prescribed by FITS are already used at your school.
• Analysing the school's ICT strengths and weaknesses.
• Taking advantage of opportunities and minimising threats.
• Determining where to start FITS implementation.
• Determining what is required to implement FITS.
• Applying the relevant FITS processes.
• Identifying quick wins.
• Creating a personalised action plan.
For further information or to book a place please contact
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)