+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, I got a present! in General; ...
    richard_s
    I remember one year way back when I worked in schools I got 3 bottles of Jack Daniels and 2 big jars of Carte Noir coffee and a £1,000 bonus for bringing in several big projects on time and under budget during the previous year.

Thank Post
    Just been given a nice bottle of wine by my boss

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by richard_s View Post
    I remember one year way back when I worked in schools I got 3 bottles of Jack Daniels and 2 big jars of Carte Noir coffee and a £1,000 bonus for bringing in several big projects on time and under budget during the previous year.
    Now that was a good one

Thank Post
    This morning I opened an envelope with a "Talented Teacher Award" certificate inside! I'm not even a teacher but I was nominated by the year 7s for keeping the computers running - I thought it was rather sweet
    I then got dragged back to reality with a phone call from one of the teachers wanting his mail forwarding to his personal mailbox. He didnt even have the decency to ask how I was or mention that I'm in this place all by myself for the next 6 weeks!

Thank Post
    As per usual left school at 3.30 yesterday with nothing, watched the TAs leaving as per usual weighed down with gifts from their teachers, after spending the entire year moaning and clock watching
    I spent the day clearing up moving computers making sure laptops had windows updates etc, whilst they all watched dvds and the recording of the year 6 show that I'd managed to transfer to dvd that morning.

I did actually have a mention from the head in assembly when she thanked the staff and support staff and me (by name!) but to be honest am so fed up of not 'belonging' anywhere in the school don't feel as though I can continue, so will be spending most of the summer job searching.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,827 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrbb View Post
    I did actually have a mention from the head in assembly when she thanked the staff and support staff and me (by name!) but to be honest am so fed up of not 'belonging' anywhere in the school don't feel as though I can continue, so will be spending most of the summer job searching.
    Sorry to hear that - my experience exactly except that in one school the head COMPLETELY ignored me (which hurt as I have been there since Christmas and have done very well and put in lots of new, appreciated innovations) and the other thanked everyone in assembly except me! I really appreciate my boss at the latter school as he makes me feel that we are a team
    I don't feel as if I belong although generally people are very nice to me. For me, I think it is because I am not around in the staff room at break or lunch.

I'm not sure it would be much different in another school - unless you join a big team in a large secondary school.

Chin up, you are FREE now, at least for a bit

Have a lovely summer

7. Thanks to witch from:

chrbb (23rd July 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12