Thou shall not blame a supplier when the courier is late lol
CPLTD (13th July 2009)
Thou shall praise and worship the ground walked upon by IT Technicians.
(and pay them accordingly)
Last edited by alan-d; 13th July 2009 at 01:17 PM. Reason: typo
Thou shalt not shout obscenities at a stupid laptop because the children in the playground can hear you....
Thou shall provide gifts of food and drink to your IT technician, else he may forget you
It all depends if we're talking about commandments for techs or users.
1. Thou shalt backup thine work.
2. Thou shalt understand that a backup means two copies.
3. Thou shalt learn into which sockets the wires of thine device should go.
4. Thou shalt learn the difference between thine computer, the network, and the internet.
5. Thou shalt not call upon the assistance of the divine ones to understand an 'out of paper' message.
6. Thou shalt not call upon the divine ones unless you have written down a message of error which was displayed.
7. Thou shalt not write down your password upon a post-it.
8. Thou shalt not complain when websites are blocked for good reason.
9. Thou shalt not question the authority of the divine ones.
10. Thou shalt not trespass upon the holy place of the servers.
tmcd35 (13th July 2009)
Thou shalt save thy work regularly.
Thou shalt not install more software than thou has licenses for, even if it is an emergency.
Thou shalt not plan a lesson around a website without checking it works in school first.
If thou dost plan a lesson around a website without checking it works thou must not wail on the IT staff when it fails.
The filtering system works in mysterious ways, Do not rely on it to give you access to a web site that worked last week, last night, this morning or at the start of thy lesson.
Thy shalt not request a problem to be fixed then go into great detail about how your problem is the greatest of all evils to man kind!
Thy shalt not wander into the holy server room un announced and proclaim that "The network is down" when really you have just forgot to turn your wireless on.
Thy shalt also not wander into the holy server room un announced and proclaim that "The internet is down" as thy shall get the answer, "What the whole internet?!??! Here comes the appocolypse then!"
If I think of any other things that bug me ill put em up shortly!
thou shall not approach the office before 8.30 unless in homage.
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)