+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, BGFL Link2ICT VPN not working in General; Is anyone on be BGFL network able to VPN tonight, are you able to access their servers? I cant seem ...
    Thank Post

BGFL Link2ICT VPN not working

Is anyone on be BGFL network able to VPN tonight, are you able to access their servers? I cant seem access Google when connected via VPN either.

help

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Yes I can connect no problem and access Google. You may want to log a call with them tomorrow if it's been working fine for sometime. If it's a new setup, I would double check your configuration. Your workstation and of course your router.

On a seperate note, I did get disconnected several times tonight and usually I don't. BGFL appear still to be upto their necks in problems with internet connectivity and now a spam attack on their mail servers. It is frustrating, but hopefully the situation will improve soon.

3. Thanks to Michael from:

stevenlong1985 (1st July 2009)

Thank Post
    Nope still no luck, it was working about 8.30 then about 8.45 nothing! all I can do is ping to my servers, but cant remote in as I was doing it eariler

though I there are network upgrade on the virginmedia side might be affecting the schools

http://status-cable.virginmedia.com/...ticket=1025656
    Last edited by stevenlong1985; 1st July 2009 at 10:33 PM.

Thank Post
    Argh the Virgin Media bug has hit you too.

Everyone from our school who's on Virgin Media cannot connect to the VPN and havnt been able too for months.

I can connect and RDP to a server but it just wont map a network drive at all.

LINK2ICT say its not a problem there end, Virgin say that VPN isnt supported on a home package and if it works lucky you, if not tough luck upgrade to a business line.

I know its not the computers as I can take my laptop to my parents house who have talk talk (BT) and it works fine.

6. Thanks to jamin100 from:

stevenlong1985 (2nd July 2009)

Thank Post

Update

Just an update, Fixed the problem, my Curriculum server 1 crashed last night, I got the site manager to come in at 7am ( the time he starts) to reset the server. I'm not in this week as I have swine Flu I (Not confirmed -- they wont swab me) but I could RDP at 7.10am this morning , i'll test the map drives later today and see what happens.

cheers

steve

Thank Post
    Everyone from our school who's on Virgin Media cannot connect to the VPN and havnt been able too for months.
    It's the same with other providers too such as Sky, but what they won't tell you, is if you replace your router (at your own expense) with a VPN compatible router such as Netgear, it will work on any service. It's the router which is the limiting factor and not the connection as such, unless Virgin have decided to block common ports?

Just an update, Fixed the problem, my Curriculum server 1 crashed last night
    That would explain a lot, so I suspect you have a single AD, DNS, DHCP server. Hope you make a good recovery too

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    It's the same with other providers too such as Sky, but what they won't tell you, is if you replace your router (at your own expense) with a VPN compatible router such as Netgear, it will work on any service. It's the router which is the limiting factor and not the connection as such, unless Virgin have decided to block common ports?
    I have an Airport Extreme and Head has a netgear cant connect with either.

I have plugged the PC's/laptops straight into the modem and still cannot connect so I dont think its down to my router.

When i was a telewest customer it worked fine. Then lat August i moved house and had VM installed there. Of course i got a different modem than i had before ad ever since then it wont work. I've had VM replace the modem because of another issue so I dont think it was a fluke with that particular modem either.

Thank Post
    Your router does support VPN, but I cannot find anything to suggest Virgin block VPN, they simply don't support it and require you to sign up to their business service.

Your computer appears configured correctly as it works elsewhere. I don't know anyone (top of my head) who uses Virgin and VPN, but I am sure someone within Birmingham on these forums probably does.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread