+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, sky in General; i used to deal a lot with ondigital and sky in my misspent youth days and i logged the sky ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,057 Times in 749 Posts

Re: sky

i used to deal a lot with ondigital and sky in my misspent youth days and i logged the sky communications port via a logger on my computer which then proceeded to log all access to the sky box and results were astounding.
    It would send all relevent accessed programs what you had watched and upload the results to a central database were they could then analyse and sell information to various subscribers of sky incorporated including the advertising moguls who could then pick the best times to advertise their wares and to the best audience. Also the box would recieve via satallite every 6mins a code which your box would respond to within 20secs and if your box for some reason did not respond via the telephone line it would be logged by sky and you would recieve an alert via your screen to plug your telephone line in. Don't know if anything has changed since then as i have given up all night vigiles for sleep.
    anyway just thought i would mention it.

Thank Post

Well they must not check too often now as ours was unplugged from the with in the first month or so as it totally killed teh phone line. People couldn't phone through as it was engaged, we would pick up the phone and there would be dial tone and we would get the phone ring and no one there. Sky wouldn't touch it as it wasn't their engineers, the engineers claimed not to know what it was and spent a few hours prodding the line before telling us the best advice was to buy a realllllly long extension and run it to another plug to check if it worked at all and that they couldn't do anything until that had been done. So we left it unplugged and everytime Sky phone us up about anything we mention it to them, tell them we can't buy films and what a shame it is as we would love to and they seem non-plussed!
    I did go up on the roof a while after all this and found the cable had been wrapped around our chimney and the wire exterior was pretty roughly warn, that they had just drilled a hole and put the extremley long cable through that sealed up with mastik. I wonder now if the cable ahd been so badly put in that no one wanted the hassle of putting it right!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,584 Times in 1,421 Posts

One of the reasons they like a phone line, is some people have taken to "sharing" their sky cards with friends, so they like to phone the box to see which card is in the slot.
    Not possible as soon as a card is inserted into a sky box it is paired with that box and cannot be used in another.

Ben

Thank Post

Who needs sky, I've not even had a TV for 7 years.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by budgester
    8O

Thank Post

Looking forward to switching to Sky (from Telewest) when this new broadband arrives - anyone taken it up yet?

Andy

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by budgester
    I'm with you on that. I've just cancelled Sky as there was never anything worth watching on it.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

arr but nfl games at decent time of day and not using unoffcial ways of watching nfl means...

and with motorsport as well....

worth every penny..

Russ

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information