+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Michael Jackson dead in General; Originally Posted by Tx2online It's only worldwide mourning because it's a reality, it's not something that's fabricated. You 'believe' in ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx2online View Post
    It's only worldwide mourning because it's a reality, it's not something that's fabricated.

You 'believe' in a cause, a faith, a religion, a God maybe. You don't "believe" in how other people feel.

Indeed, there are others in the world who deserve mourning, but equally so. No one passing is mourned more than another, we all mourn to the personal level we feel is required.

Let those who wish to mourn their loss do so in peace and quiet as you would expect yourself when the time for you to mourn comes.
    Well said that man

Jon
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Nombre View Post
    I had to wait WEEKS before I heard my first Heath Ledger joke last year, and a fair few days before my first Jeremy Beadle one.

I'm confident a Michael Jackson joke will arrive before Monday.

Q:- Whats the difference between Alex Ferguson and Micheal Jackson?

A:- Alex Ferguson will be playing Giggs in August...

Thank Post
    You can happily compare Jacko so The Beetles, Nirvana, Elvis, any other act that pretty much changed the course of music to something different.

It seemed like he thought he could genuinely change the world through music, for this reason could be classed as a legend.

He was HUGE for god knows how long, still is in some areas of the world and has a great supportive fan base, therefore he must have been doing something right and can be classed as a world class entertainer.

For these reasons we should think of his death to be a great loss, not exactly mourn like his your family dog, but he deserves a bit of respect.

BUT

Whether the pedophilia rumors are true or not.. he still made some STUPID mistakes in his career, had stupid ideas, and tried to do some really stupid things.

Whether he started changing his body and appearance, or if his nose actually fell off in the shower, or it was some illness that made him look the way he is, I don't like him, I don't like his personality much, I don't like his music unless I'm stupidly drunk and feel like listening to cheesy music.

I'm certainly not going to say it's no loss to the world, but it certainly doesn't need all the coverage on media and it certainly doesn't need a world mourning session.

Sorry to his family and friends.
    No doubt he will be missed.
    Just not by me.

4. 5 Thanks to rolfea:

apoth0r (26th June 2009), dalsoth (29th June 2009), DaveJ2717uk (26th June 2009), LeMarchand (26th June 2009), stu (26th June 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by apoth0r View Post
    That is what he wanted everyone to believe but at the end of the day you don't see the millions of other people that have been brought up in hard times whining on the media because he didn't get to play with transformers as a kid.
    I never said he was the only peron who didn't have the best childhood, but regardless of how you feel about his personal life, you cant deny that he was talented. There was music before him, and there will be music after him, but it has changed because of Michael Jackson. That is why he will be missed.

I dont see why people are so upset about peolpe mourning for him. I didn't know him, so I cant say it will greatly affect me, however I do think it is sad. But also it was equally sad to see how he declined so much from his peak.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,639 Times in 1,827 Posts
    [QUOTE=Tx2online;350513
    Let those who wish to mourn their loss do so in peace and quiet as you would expect yourself when the time for you to mourn comes.[/QUOTE]

Absolutely - but 'peace and quiet' doesn't mean weeks and weeks of media coverage.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    The choice of similar threads for this thread are almost as amusing as the headlines over at Digital Spy at the moment ('Madonna 'wanted to join Jackson for O2 gig'').
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Michael Jackson dead-simthreads.jpg  

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx2online View Post
    Certainly, to my generation, he was a legend and whilst he was eccentric, he was also quite uniquely talented. It is a shame that such a gifted human being is ridiculed and mocked both during his life and after his death. Same old 'bandwagon' behaviour by individuals who have little or no achievement of which they themselves might boast, no doubt.
    Ridiculed and mocked for having children in his bed, having his own zoo and theme park in his back garden, over spending on elaborate antiques, making himself bankrupt, having his face replaced, nearly throwing his kid over a balcony, can't think what else he's been a legend for.

What have I done of course, my life couldn't even compare to that of Michael Jackson.... the 'legend'. Having never done any of the above, surely it's ok to give it a go though!
    I've always needed a good role model!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by rolfea View Post

It seemed like he thought he could genuinely change the world through music, for this reason could be classed as a legend.
    Funny you should say that, I was watching a video of fans responses on the Beeb earlier and there were a couple of shots where one fan was playing an MJ song and everyone in the vicinity was singing along, it was a nice image and supports his idea that music can bring people together.

Thank Post
    "his idea" ?????
    Jesus christ......

Thank Post
    I knew I should have phrased that differently, I wasn't meaning to imply that it was his idea, more that it was an idea he believed in.

Thank Post
    It's all good, i'm just in an over-opinionated mood today

Gotta love the bi-polar

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Rolling Stones, Led Zep, Beatles, MJ all of them sold millions of records so someone must have liked them the majority seem to lilke all of these as their record sales suggest so I really don't care what the opinions of anyone else as it doesn't affect me. You're right everyone is entitled to an opinion though. Any the fact that the press will be all over this for months afterward will irritate me all the more.

Wes

Thank Post
    So we shouldn't get you started on whether Transformers 2 is racist or not?

Thank Post
    Haven't seen it, fortunately, lol

Do the 'white' bots dress like eminem?

Thank Post
    No but apparently the twin Autobots Mudflap and Skids are horrendeous black gangster minstrel stereotypes. A lot of people seem to have taken offense.

Which beings me to a random point, why doesn't this forum have a Movies sub forum?
    Last edited by Reaper; 26th June 2009 at 03:08 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast