+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
General Chat Thread, Michael Jackson dead in General; Well you have all been conned - he's not really dead. It's a stunt:...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 625 Posts
    Well you have all been conned - he's not really dead. It's a stunt:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Michael Jackson dead-jackosicko.jpg  

2. 2 Thanks to mattx:

ICT_GUY (26th June 2009), tmcd35 (26th June 2009)

Thank Post
    The Rolling Stones pi55ed all over the Beatles.

Yes and the the mighty Led Zeppelin pi55ed on them both, with the exception of the track 'Boogie with Stu'

4. 3 Thanks to cookie_monster:

DaveJ2717uk (26th June 2009), Hightower (26th June 2009), mattx (26th June 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie_monster View Post
    Yes and the the mighty Led Zeppelin pi55ed on them both, with the exception of the track 'Boogie with Stu'
    I was listening to that the other day......

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cookie_monster View Post
    Was never a fan of Led Zep (sorry), but Robert Plants last album with Alison Krauss was surprisingly good.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by penfold View Post
    Well I guess we will ever know the real Jackson seems as though he has been in the media since a child and never really had chance to grow up in a relatively normal lifestyle.

That is what he wanted everyone to believe but at the end of the day you don't see the millions of other people that have been brought up in hard times whining on the media because he didn't get to play with transformers as a kid.

His life was dedicated to 'how not to....'

I don't believe in this worldwide mourning, there are people in this world who deserve it more than him!

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by apoth0r View Post
    That is what he wanted everyone to believe but at the end of the day you don't see the millions of other people that have been brought up in hard times whining on the media because he didn't get to play with transformers as a kid.
    I don't know, we did in 1985 and :runsawayfast:

Thank Post
    I'm not very sympathetic for people who waste money on their ego's, i must be a bad person.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,015 Times in 1,464 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Agreed that there are people who deserve it more than him, but he was a talented man. He did a remarkable amount for charity which went unnoticed by alot of people. But death is another part of life, but people should mourn his death how they see fit. If your loved one died and somebody told you "they're dead get over it" I dont think you would be best pleased.

and already I have had 9 MJ jokes on my phone.

Thank Post
    I'm not very sympathetic for people who waste money on their ego's, i must be a bad person.
    Is that ' must be a BAD person ' comment a delibrate pun or a slip of the keyboard ?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nephilim View Post
    Agreed that there are people who deserve it more than him, but he was a talented man. He did a remarkable amount for charity which went unnoticed by alot of people. But death is another part of life, but people should mourn his death how they see fit. If your loved one died and somebody told you "they're dead get over it" I dont think you would be best pleased.

and already I have had 9 MJ jokes on my phone.
    Let's hear them, then. I've had a few, too.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,513 Times in 1,750 Posts
    What I always wondered was how a black man got away with turning himself white -without seeming to incur the wrath of the black community...
    and PLEASE don't give me all that guff about him having vitiligo - there are no pictures EVER of him showing signs of it. MrwITch has it and I know a great deal about the condition.

As for the rest - those of us who are of an age with Michael Jackson really did grow up with him - firstly with his brothers in The Jackson Five, and then as a solo artist. He was a very good musician, and he will be missed.
    I saw some reports about his rehearsals being unbelievably tough and I wonder if he was taking some drugs to help him get through that unfortunately led to this.

So we should be a little bit sad - but, as others have said, please no outpourings of saccharine so-called 'grief'

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    Is that ' must be a BAD person ' comment a delibrate pun or a slip of the keyboard ?
    I'm unaware of my comic genius!

theeldergeek
    Quote Originally Posted by stu View Post
    If the guy hadn't had all the scandal in recent years and done all the messed up stuff to himself this would have just been shrugged off like the next washed out celebrity, I condone that a loss of life is terrible thing but to 90% of people he has been a walking joke for years. this isn't a personal dislike for the guy he has some good songs and he was talented but he was far from exceptional. when I heard he news it was a quick 'hmm shame (with regards to the death) then that was it now there posts going on every forum about how great he was it way ott.
    90% of people? Cite your source? Judging by the reaction to his death throughout the World, I think your opinion could very well be a minority. His 'Thriller' album is the biggest selling album of all time - hardly a "washed up" celebrity.

Certainly, to my generation, he was a legend and whilst he was eccentric, he was also quite uniquely talented. It is a shame that such a gifted human being is ridiculed and mocked both during his life and after his death. Same old 'bandwagon' behaviour by individuals who have little or no achievement of which they themselves might boast, no doubt.

As for it being OTT in forums, you made the choice to partake. Perhaps you need to exercise some self-control and not do so whilst allowing others to reflect on the death of a unique individual? This thread is easily ignored for the most obvious of reasons.

I for one will continue to listen to his music and will certainly pause for the occasional thought about the man himself when doing so.

RIP Michael.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    And 92% of all statistics are made up.

The last great album he produced was Dangerous some 18 years back! Since then he's released numerous greatest hits albums and has generally become more and more of a pariody of himself. Sad, but true.

It's very sad that he has died. But lets be honest we we're never going to get another great album or a performance like that from the Thriller/Bad years ever again. The O2 concerts were as likely to go ahead as him releasing that studio album his apparently been working on for the best part of a decade.

theeldergeek

[...]

I don't believe in this worldwide mourning, there are people in this world who deserve it more than him!
    It's only worldwide mourning because it's a reality, it's not something that's fabricated.

You 'believe' in a cause, a faith, a religion, a God maybe. You don't "believe" in how other people feel.

Indeed, there are others in the world who deserve mourning, but equally so. No one passing is mourned more than another, we all mourn to the personal level we feel is required.

Let those who wish to mourn their loss do so in peace and quiet as you would expect yourself when the time for you to mourn comes.

18. Thanks to theeldergeek from:

Hightower (26th June 2009)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast