+ Post New Thread
General Chat Thread, Gordon Brown to become a teacher! in General; Just read this online that Gordon Brown is considering being a teacher after his days at Number 10! Would this ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts

Gordon Brown to become a teacher!

Just read this online that Gordon Brown is considering being a teacher after his days at Number 10!

Would this be a good or bad thing in our opinion.

Gordon Brown: I'll be teacher after No10 - mirror.co.uk

Thank Post
    I think no school would touch him with a barge pole. Not that he is likely to be a bad teacher but because of all the baggage he will bring with him press, parents knowing who he was etc I don't think its a great idea. He will never be forgotten as an MP / PM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    Just read this online that Gordon Brown is considering being a teacher after his days at Number 10!

Would this be a good or bad thing in our opinion.

Gordon Brown: I'll be teacher after No10 - mirror.co.uk
    well, the loon doesn't have much time left to think about alternate careers after politics,

i think it more likely he'll end up in some consultancy position a couple of days a week advising one of the many financial institutions he's so in awe of, along with some international role to satisfy his ego a la blair... Although frankly i couldn't care less where he parks his tedious self next.

Or he could join his brother at EDF....would save on the cleaning bills. ;0)

Both his brothers are apparently in public relations......clearly they don't talk shop or impart advice with wee gordon when they meet up.

Thank Post
    Hmm... Interesting question...

I wouldn't hold out much hope for the first couple of years but after that I do actually wonder if he could manage it in a Secondary. Everyone loves to throw their 15 cents and change at the guy but frankly could you even hope to do this guys job?

After the abuse he gets, the backstabbing from colleagues, lack of love from his "children"... I'd say he's about had all the training he needs to handle teaching. How the parents would handle having "Mr Brown" teach their children is another matter but I'm willing to bet a school out there would be willing to give him a shot.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    I don't believe a single word of it...what paper was it in? Ahh...there you are then!

Thank Post
    but then it doesn't say he's considering becoming a teacher. doesn't he say he 'could' be a teacher, was he asked that question while visiting a school by any chance ?

either way, it clearly isn't happening. just another throwaway comment from brown that your supposed to well throw away.

Sure, if you want to play the game of how well would broon as a former chancellor and PM do as a teacher then fine....i wouldn't want my kids taught by this egomaniacal halfwit. never in a million years.

as for a compassionate reaction to him pouring his heart out. That's exactly the reaction his handlers are trying to illict....feel sorry for poor, wee gordon. It's the sympathy vote, because they've got no straws left to clutch. he's toast, and he doesn't deserve anyone's sympathy....he craved and desired after the job for years - the fact he was neither up to the job of chancellor or PM is now being revealed.

If he did want the job for some greater good, then his record is one of failure in many key areas. And missed opportunity overall, i haven't got time to list them all.

That little bit in the middle of Little Old England
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 741 Posts
    Blog Entries
    They'll have to re-write the recruitment advert then to:

"Those who can't govern, teach"

Thank Post
    I can imagine that Gordon Brown would be the sort of secondary school teacher that had absolutely no control over the kids. Nobody would turn up to his detentions, he'd tell them to stop talking/do their work/stop bogwashing that boy and they'd laugh and carry on doing it. None of the staff would take him seriously either. One day he'd lose his rag with someone and that would be the end of it (ie. even the people who did have any respect for him would lose it).

Which is much the same as what's happening now I think...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,049 Times in 918 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    I don't believe a single word of it...what paper was it in? Ahh...there you are then!
    I blame you for the story Witch as you linked to that article on your school and this was on the side as a related article thingy whatsit

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,310 Times in 1,624 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by john View Post
    I blame you for the story Witch as you linked to that article on your school and this was on the side as a related article thingy whatsit

Mea Culpa

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    The quote's actually taken from an interview in the Guardian which doesn't make clear what kind of teaching he's thinking about.

When he came here last year, he talked about applying for a job as a lecturer and I suspect he was referring to teaching in a university context rather than a school.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread