+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
General Chat Thread, Dave Gilmour in General; Originally Posted by witch Saw Pink Floyd back in 1975 (I think, it is a long time ago, man ) ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by witch View Post
    Saw Pink Floyd back in 1975 (I think, it is a long time ago, man ) They were amazing..must admit though, I do like their earlier stuff but I have got 'On an Island' and it is very good
    'On an Island' is excellent, as is the 'Live in Gdansk' album, which was part of Gilmore's tour to promote 'On an Island'.

Been listening to quite of bit of their live 'PULSE' album the last few days. Wonder if they will release it on Blu Ray at all?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    I saw The Wall in 197? and the '94 gig. I went to '94 with a bunch of people including someone who had toured as soundcrew; when we left we all looked like this --> It was STUNNING!
    It's a gig I'll never forget! One part I remember was comfortably numb with one of those disco type balls opening up into what looked like a flower, simple, but with the awesome guitar solo going on, lighting effects and the atmosphere it was about as close to heaven as I'll ever get

Thank Post
    That mirror ball had a HUGE lantern built into it. From memory a 4kW HMI which is the same type physically as data projectors, just 30 time the power. The ball itself is still around, in some hire companies yard. It would look good in a school hall for a disco!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_C View Post
    That mirror ball had a HUGE lantern built into it. From memory a 4kW HMI which is the same type physically as data projectors, just 30 time the power. The ball itself is still around, in some hire companies yard. It would look good in a school hall for a disco!
    Ah, it was a lantern! I couldn't quite remember, the best I could come up with was flower like!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by joe90bass View Post
    the best I could come up with was flower like!
    The ball did open like a flower, to reveal the light. There were several follow-spots shining on it too.

Image link

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12