+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
General Chat Thread, google apps or MS live@edu? in General; Originally Posted by shutdownplease i know im coming to this thread a little late but i am interested in what ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by shutdownplease View Post
    i know im coming to this thread a little late but i am interested in what has been the reaction of the staff at school to moving to services like live@edu or google apps. has the end result justified the move?
    We go live with live in August and so far of the lecturers I've spoken with are very encouraged by it and are seeing all sorts of possibilites. The SkyDrive swung it for me but there has been a range for reactions from different people, lecturers see better collaboration between students, Heads see course marketing possibilites, students will see an easy way of sending there mp3's to there friends.

I have to say though, the support from the guys at MS has been great. Spent 10 years on this job and never had to contact MS for anything, join outlook live and i've spoken with them at least 15 times now :-)

Thank Post
    How easy is it to get existing mail/content in and out of Google Apps / Live@edu? (say migrating to and away from)

Are there any plans for either's school-orientated package to add the ability to audit and filter email/messages for inappropriate content/harassment?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pete View Post
    How easy is it to get existing mail/content in and out of Google Apps / Live@edu? (say migrating to and away from)
    Dead easy on Live@edu. It has a setting to link to exsisting email account and when filled in it grabs all emails from that account and sticks it in your new email box. You can then leave that other account active for a time and all those emails will flow in to your new email inbox.

Caveat is that the user has to fill in that setting themselves!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123